Risk Technology RACS Agile Developer
Glasgow Technology Centre
Risk & Finance Technology
Business Area Description
Risk Technology drives and executes the technology agenda for several Risk Management groups:
Operational Risk Management across the entire Firm
Credit Risk Management across the Wholesale Bank
IB Market Risk
The Risk Analysis and Control System (RACS) is a Risk platform used by the Market Risk group to protect the firm from losses in our Equity Prime Brokerage, Broker Dealer Services and Private Bank business lines. Furthermore, RACS is used to set clients’ leverage limits based on the risks inherent in each portfolio which ensures that margin requirements accurately reflect the risk for various hedging techniques. Initially RACS was developed for the Equity Prime Brokerage and more recently extended to support the Private Bank. The risk in each portfolio is enumerated primarily through Stress Testing and secondarily through Value at Risk (VaR).
Stress Testing – A risk measure that simulates the loss to a portfolio over a range of extreme market scenarios. These are represented in terms of shocks to price, volatility, credit spread, etc.
Value at Risk (Prime Brokerage Only) – A statistical risk measure of the market risk of a portfolio using probabilities based upon confidence level (e.g. 99%) and time horizon (e.g. 1Day).
In addition, the stress results are combined with our dimensions (Country, Industry, and Sector) and the results are aggregated as part of their daily risk management.
Financial products that will be supported by the platform include cash securities, interest rate, foreign exchange, equity derivatives, commodities, and credit derivatives (both exchange traded and over the counter).
The development team is based across Glasgow, Bangalore and New York. The Glasgow team works very closely with business colleagues in Bangalore and New York.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a developer with experience in Java and Oracle to join our development team.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop our software in an agile environment using continuous integration.
- Actively seek and contribute to process improvements with the development team.
- Create unit tests, support the software and release to production.
- Be comfortable working closely with a geographically distributed development and planning team.
- Contribute to Big Data proof of concept efforts on Hadoop and Apache Spark
- Gain expertise in risk technology and particularly the stress framework business area.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Strong Development skills - Java / Oracle
- Good SQL Skills, ability to understand and create complex queries
- Strong Object Oriented analysis, design and development skills
- Focused on quality, testing and production implementation
- Understanding of Object Oriented Design/Analysis concepts.
- Strong understanding of the SDLC, experiences with Agile methodologies a plus.
- Financial Domain Knowledge ( experience on Banks will be preferred )
- JMS , UI Enhancements Skills
- Java Tools – Eclipse etc.
- Experience in working in an Agile Environment.
- Toad , SQL Developer , Sql plus
- Unix, Shell scripting
- Interest in Big Data technologies, Hadoop and Apache Spark
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.