JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Macro Risk and PnL Technology team is responsible for the platforms which enable JPMorgan Chase to monitor the performance and control the risks of it’s Macro Trading businesses. These businesses provide global solutions to a diverse set of clients looking to invest or manage their risk across foreign exchange, debt markets and commodities.
As a Macro Risk and PnL Technology – App Development Lead you will be responsible for:
• Establishing strong working relationships with a diverse set of globally dispersed user groups (including Trading, Operations, Finance, QR)
• Owning the prioritisation, tracking and implementation of change requests originating from a wide range of stakeholders
• Running regular working group meetings and presenting updates to senior stakeholders
• Partnering with regional and asset-aligned teams to ensure a consistent agenda
• Being able to work under pressure in a changing environment to tight deadlines
Delivering Strategic Initiatives
• Delivering long term strategic initiatives for the application (e.g. migration projects)
• Managing relationships with upstream and downstream technology teams to ensure a coherent end-to-end solution is designed in
• Managing scope, identifying & assessing any risks/issues, and taking responsibility for the delivery of large scale projects
• Maintain technical proficiency in the use of tools, techniques and design patterns
• Ensuring appropriate permissions and audit history is implemented to protect sensitive information
• Allocating resources effectively to maximise delivery across numerous work streams
• Developing and fostering an agile development process, including scrum and sprint management
Production Support & Incident Resolution
• Providing intraday (and if applicable, weekend) support to the users of the application, taking issues through to resolution
• Performing root cause analysis on production incidents and plan/design remediation for continuous improvement
Release Preparation & Management
• Taking ownership of the production release cycle
• Performing detailed code reviews and understanding the business & technical impact of changes prior to release
• Ensuring a high level of regression test coverage and maintaining up to date test suites
• Coordinating QA, UAT, and deployment
• 5+ year's front office risk management system experience
• 5+ year's experience in a large, mission-critical environment
• 7+ total years technology experience including enterprise java solutions
• Experience working on large-scale multi-user global systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of database and data caching technologies such as Oracle and Coherence
• Knowledge of financial risk reporting and accounting, ideally in an Emerging Markets region
• Experience working in a global single-platform team
• Knowledge of map-reduce algorithms and big data aggregation algorithms
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.