About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
JPMorgan Chase is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $1.1 trillion and operations in more than 50 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and businesses, financial transaction processing, asset and wealth management, and private equity. Under the JPMorgan, Chase and Bank One brands, the firm serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients.
If you're interested in working in an environment where leadership, excellence, integrity and diversity are among our core principles, then explore the opportunities at JPMorgan Chase. Further information about careers at JPMorgan Chase can be found on our website: www.jpmorganchase.com.
JOB TITLE: Financial Reporting Team Leader (502)
LOCATION: Mumbai /Bangalore
DEPARTMENT: Financial Reporting
REPORTING TO: AVP - Financial and Regulatory Reporting
The Financial and Regulatory Reporting Group produce semi-annual and annual reports for the funds that JPMorgan administers. This role involves participation in the production of both statutory and regulatory reports.
The incumbent will have an in-depth working knowledge of the Fund Accounting area with a minimum of 4.5 years experience in a fund accounting environment and will have experience in financial statement preparation. The incumbent should have a relevant accounting qualification.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Statutory Reporting (Production of annual and semi-annual reports) for the clients .
• Regulatory Reporting (foreign jurisdictions) for the clients JPMorgan is Central Administration
• Dealing with external clients
• Dealing with ad hoc services for information, both from internal and external sources.
• Dealing with external auditors in the context of statutory audits and resolve outstanding issues related to the annual reports
• Compilation of other information such as MIS
• Plan and control all aspects of financial statement preparation and issuance to agreed standards and deadlines.
• Identify and implement improvements to processes in response to operational and client service requirements - work with Technical Specialists and other JPM departments (i.e. Fund Accounting) to achieve this.
• In depth knowledge of Fund Administration and Accounting policies.
• Identify procedural weaknesses and enhancements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
• Identify, delegate and manage all projects within the group and work on projects delegated by the Financial Reporting Manager.
• Prepare, manage and review all MIS, timetables, checklists and procedures.
• Overall supervision of all Administrators, Statutory and Regulatory reports production and the control environment.
• Support all Administrators with issues and investigations.
• Manage all client inquiries and requests from outside parties, i.e. auditors, in a professional manner.
• Excellent client management and influencing skills.
• Internal escalation of all risk issues to Financial Reporting Manager.
• Address behavioral and motivational issues within the group.
• Establish clear lines of communication with all team members and Team Leaders
• Complete Administrators and Senior Administrators' appraisals.
• Ensure all identified training needs are met.
Key Skills and Knowledge
• Knowledge of financial and regulatory reporting requirements
• Knowledge of financial instruments and their accounting treatment
• Professional accountancy qualification
• Time management and organisational skills
• In-depth knowledge of fund administration and valuation function and good understanding of the organisation
• Good operational knowledge of Fund accounting systems
• Preferably Professional accountancy qualification
• 4 / 5 years industry experience
• Knowledge of accounting principles, with particular reference to UK Collective Vehicles
• Up-to-date technical knowledge of UK SORP and other relevant legislation
• Effective people management skills
• Ability to partner effectively with peers, colleagues, clients, auditors and other third parties
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.