JP Morgan: Glasgow Technology Centre
Key Responsibilities covered by these areas:
The JP Morgan Equity Finance Equity Finance IT group is looking to hire a highly motivated experienced Java/SQL Developer to play a key part in the expansion of their successful Portfolio Swap system. The successful candidate will be responsible for design, development, implementation and support of a wide range of ongoing and new projects on the platform. A key part of the Portfolio Swaps function is an ability to work closely with other teams in partnership will be critical to the success of this role.
Candidates should possess strong Object Oriented Design/Programming skills as well as being knowledgeable about design patterns. They should possess strong Java, Spring, Oracle, Java EE, JBOSS, XML, UNIX Shell Scripting, and TDD. A good knowledge of Hibernate, Perl, Mule ESB, GemFire or similar Big Data solutions, GIT, Agile methodologies will be advantageous. The candidate should have exposure to many of these technologies and methodologies.
The candidate should have a positive can-do attitude and have an ability to work well across a broader global team. The successful candidate should have excellent written and oral communication skills as they will be required to work with people across multiple global offices. An ability to work with tight deadlines is required for success in this role. The ideal candidate should also understand Portfolio Swaps. Knowledge of Prime Brokerage and Stock Lending is highly desirable although not essential.
You will be required to work directly with business partners in the Prime and Equities organization including Product Development, Front Office, Middle Office Operations, Finance, Legal and other JPMorgan functional areas to deliver competitive, efficient, and scalable product solutions.
- Full System Development Lifecycle using Agile.
- Design and development of new components for Global Portfolio Swap application.
- Enhancement and maintenance of existing applications, especially to handle anticipated significant volume increase.
- Support of new and existing applications.
- Candidates should note that this list is not exhaustive and duties are liable to change from time to time in line with the needs of the department.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications / skills:
- Educated to Bachelor’s degree level or equivalent
- Strong experience in Java, Spring, Oracle (including writing Stored Procedures), and XML.
- Strong object-oriented design and programming experiences.
- Strong knowledge or working experience of Java EE, JBOSS app server, automated testing methodologies and frameworks, i.e. JUnit.
- Working knowledge of common design patterns.
- Familiarity with below tools in below areas will be advantageous.
- Build tools, i.e. Maven.
- Continuous integration tools, i.e. Hudson
- Version control systems, i.e. Git or SVN
- Big data solutions, i.e. GemFire
- Web Sphere MQ and Tibco EMS.
- Proficient at UNIX, Linux and MS Windows. UNIX Shell and Perl. Scripting.
- Good understanding of full software life cycle development processes including Agile processes.
It is expected that the successful candidate will have worked on at least one major technically challenging global project.
Experience working in financial markets with knowledge of equity swaps / synthetic prime brokerage will be advantageous.