Commercial Banking serves more than 30,000 clients, including corporations, municipalities, financial institutions, and not-for-profit entities with annual revenues generally ranging from $10 million to $2 billion. Our Commercial Bankers serve these clients by operating in 14 of the 15 top U.S. major markets. Our professionals' industry knowledge and experience combine with our dedicated service model, comprehensive solutions, and local expertise to make us the #1 commercial bank in our retail branch footprint.
The firm's broad platform positions us to deliver extensive product capabilities - lending, treasury services, investment banking, and asset management - to meet our clients' domestic and international financial needs. Chase Commercial Banking includes seven businesses: Middle Market Banking, Mid-Corporate Banking, Commercial Real Estate, Business Credit, Equipment Leasing, Chase Capital Corporation and Capital Placement Group.
Middle Market Banking
Middle Market Banking covers companies with annual revenues from $10 million to $500 million, offering cash management, credit, investment banking and wealth management. Our sales teams provide industry expertise, location decision making and delivery, along with personalized service and a deep array of products, which are all critical to building long-term relationships.
As a senior client service professional, you will report to a Client Service Manager or Assistant Client Service Manager and operate under limited supervision as part of the Commercial Banking Team. You will be responsible for various customer service, relationship management and operational control activities of an assigned portfolio of commercial customers. You will serve as the primary point of service contact for each client within the your overall commercial portfolio. The assigned client portfolio will be comprised of the most complex: operating transactional accounts, treasury products and credit facilities. Extensive product knowledge and a broad understanding of operational flows are required to support this position. Additionally, you will be required to have the requisite skills to recognize service opportunities to refer bank products and services. You will also be expected to have an ability to make both joint and independent client calls with Bankers and Treasury Marketing Officers. Proactive portfolio management involvement will be essential to ensure data integrity of bank source systems and client contact information. In certain markets, this position may include team lead responsibilities, where additional duties would include acting as a "player/coach", training and mentoring of staff or acting as an experienced individual contributor. You may participate in national workgroups and UAT involvement.
**The position will be housed in the Brooklyn/Metrotech location supporting the Long Island/Queens market**
- Must have the ability to travel to the assigned markets for in-person client calls
- Typically a minimum of 3 years or the equivalent, customer service, operations, sales or portfolio management experience, preferably with work experience primarily in banking or financial service industry
- An in-depth knowledge of Chase Middle Market and other key operating areas within the Bank
- An evidenced and accomplished history of independent problem solving work
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven supervisory and leadership abilities
- Extensive knowledge of deposit, treasury and credit products, payment services, regulations, and procedures related to them
- Thorough knowledge of financial exposure and operational risk related to transactions associated with bank products and services
- An ability to understand complex customer structures, associated profitability reports and their impact to the segment P&L
- Command strong ability to use various bank systems
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a team environment
- Some travel required