About J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Individual contributor responsible for systematic reviews of business controls and implementation of preventative measures against operating losses, failed audits and adverse regulatory findings in CIB Frankfurt Operations. CIB OCM promotes adherence to a robust Control Agenda, combining the responsibilities under JPMorgan global and regional Corporate Control policies, RCSA and MARisk framework in Germany. As the first line of defense, OCM works in partnership with Operations Risk Management and Oversight & Controls (LOCL) and maintains reliable links with Compliance and Audit.
CIB Operations Controls Manager (OCM) pursues two principal objectives:
to develop and support a consistent best practice design and the effective execution of internal controls by CIB Operations and
to facilitate timely issue escalation and effective mitigation.
Competencies and Skills:
- Background in Risk Management, Controls Oversight, Compliance, Audit is strongly preferred.
- Professional experience in Investment Bank Middle and/or Back Office, Banking or Investor Services Operations is desired but not essential.
- Proactive individual contributor and a self-starter, who is able to deliver consistently and at a high standard whilst under pressure and who is comfortable working independently in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills, ability to interpret and to apply standards and policies to some specific circumstances and to identify issues, weaknesses and coverage gaps
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills,
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL INTERNAL MOVES WILL NORMALLY TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME GRADE AND SAME SALARY. SALARIES ARE REVIEWED ANUALLY IN FEBRUARY. EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE REGARDING TRANSFER ON CURRENT SALARY MAY INCLUDE A MOVE BETWEEN GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS.