About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Private Equity & Real Estate Services (“PERES”) was launched in November of 2005 through the commercialization of the finance and technology team supporting J.P. Morgan's various private equity and real estate entities.
· Provide directions and review for journal entries booked into Investran
· Prepare fund level financial statements including the consol balance sheet, income statement, statement of partners' capital, schedule of investments, and cash flows
· Draft required footnotes to financial statements
· Prepare investor-level capital account statements
· Understand fund agreements in order to determine impact on financial reporting and partner capital accounting requirements
· Anticipate, proactively communicate and escalate issues to Fund Manager and the client in a timely fashion;
· Work on special and ad hoc projects for clients and internally
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
· CPA a plus
· Minimum 4 years of accounting experience, preferably including Public Big 4 and partnership or private equity fund accounting
· Experience with various private equity legal and investment structures a plus
· Experience using partnership accounting applications (e.g., Investran)
· Attention to details
· Innovative and analytical, with excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Team player instincts with the ability to see a project to conclusion with little follow-up
· Superb sense of client service with ability to appropriately exercise professional skepticism and judgment
· Solution oriented
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.