Global Technology Infrastructure Service Delivery (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for JPMorgan Chase, partnering with all lines of business to deliver a wide range of high-quality products and services. We provide exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost-effective manner by following three strategic objectives:
Stability and Security – Deliver a controlled, stable, resilient and secure operating environment
People – Develop and manage our people to build a high-performing, delivery-focused team
Delivery – Deliver business value through technology while improving efficiency and productivity
Subgroups within GTI
The Mobile and Remote Services team is in need of a Java Developer playing a hands-on development role to deliver products in a rapid and dynamic environment. Drive tactical delivery for multiple projects; work with business analysts, project managers, and customers to understand the scope of work, priorities, and requirements for development; and collaborate with performing teams to deliver new capabilities in business applications and/or remediate issues.
Scope of Work:
· Participate with business analysts and development manager in the requirements definition process and estimation.
· Translate business requirements into viable technical architectures and designs
· Understand the current applications and technical architecture and provide technical and programming support
· Work with users, contractors and technical personnel to meet project milestones
· Implement the designs (design, code, test, deploy). Support the deployed applications through debugging, fixing, and maintenance releases.
· Stay abreast of new technologies and methods to optimize development process
· Have a thorough understanding of software development lifecycle and the ability to implement software following the structured approach.
· Very strong organizational, task management and prioritization skills
· Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Ability to work well with peers and all levels of management
· Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced, dynamic environment
· 4 Year Degree, BS Computer Science or Engineering
· Design, Build and operate scalable software systems and services for Mobile phones and tablets, other connected devices, cloud services and client applications.
· 5 - 10 years experience with Java development with expertise in multiple design patterns.
· Design and Develop application services in Java
· Experience creating unit, load, and performance tests
· Experience with Eclipse IDE, Jira, Subversion, Fisheye / Crucible.
· Experience consuming RESTful web services and JSON.
· Unit Test, Secure and Deploy the applications to the internal appstore.
· Well Versed in RDBMS Technology: Oracle 10g or Higher
· Work with version control tools like Subversion and project tracking tools like JIRA in a team setting.
· Hands-on code contribution and shipping responsibility - libraries, API's, documentation.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.