As a Shared Services Project Manager, you will run oversight for a multiple project book of work. This includes reviewing: project scope, helping to define business requirements with business analysts, and developing project plans with development/testing/execution strategy using standard project management lifecycle practices. In this role, you will drive strategic projects to deliver on-time and within budget. In addition, you will monitor and report status of projects to all levels of the business including executive management when appropriate and drive ongoing issue resolution to ensure successful delivery of your projects. You will establish and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders including technology management, product management, finance, client business management, service delivery and client relations.
Specific project responsibilities include:
· Serve as liaison between the many teams in the organization with end user focus
· Manage project scoping and estimation activities, document the project scope and approach, review plans with business and technology stakeholders and acquire sign-off from business and technology leadership
· Assist the business in identifying, assessing, and documenting business requirements
· Assist in evaluating priorities and advise on options, risks, and costs versus benefits of proposed solutions
· Create a project plan and manage project costs, quality, and schedules to drive project execution activities through implementation and project closure
· Document, manage, and communicate project issues, risks, and action items
· Hold project status meetings to review overall project RAG status, risks and issues, and track progress
· Document the implementation plan and facilitate implementation activities
· Provide feedback and lessons learned on project execution and project team performance
· College degree, specialized training or equivalent work experience
· Minimum 5+ years as a Project Management professional with extensive experience managing projects through all phases of the system delivery life cycle
· Knowledge and experience using project management software such as Microsoft Project
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams and interact effectively with all levels
· Flexibility, able to execute against tight deadlines, work with minimum supervision and exercise independent judgment
· Strong communication skills, both written and oral to all levels of an organization
· Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and handle multiple issues at one time. Highly organized
· Ability to set priorities among competing demands
· Customer focus mindset
· Strong problem solving and decision making skills
· Ability to develop strong stakeholder relationships
· Familiarity with SDLC and Agile delivery practices
· Ability to develop and analyze product architecture
· Highly self-motivated, ability to work independently with minimal guidance
· Excellent in working with MS Excel, MS Project, MS Word, MS Power Point.
· Knowledge of the mortgage industry
· Experience managing projects for custom-built applications
· Project Management Certification a plus
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.