JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Risk Finance Technology (RFT) builds and supports the firm's financial infrastructure to ensure Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to drive success. In partnership with Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) and others, we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients. GFT provides technology support for general ledger, profitability, cost allocations, treasury, accounts payable, reference data, project accounting and fixed assets while offering plan and build support for reporting tools.
As part of the RFT Operate Application Support, primary responsibilities in this lead role will be managing a team to ensure the smooth and effective operation of the applications and 24/7 availability of the systems through careful monitoring of production processes, automating procedures where possible via scripting, and performing Permit to Operate on each application release. L2 Support Lead is responsible for day to day support of application/infrastructure and products including the production, environments. Works with the development and other support teams to provide design guidelines and imparts knowledge on technical trends and solutions. Instruments end to end monitoring of infrastructures to ensure high availability and timely alerting of potential issues. Ensure infrastructures have adequate capacity and are refreshed on a periodic basis. Develops and maintains system documentation, run-books and production metrics reporting. Also will work effectively within team to identify and resolve issues. Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Day to day responsibilities include:
· Manage 2nd Level support for in-house applications.
· Provide leadership and Off-Hours support, as needed, to resolve system problems during non-business hours or backlogs.
· Ensure the support team performs daily health checks of the applications, scripts, and infrastructure supporting these tools.
· Provide daily support in order to ensure customer satisfaction. Develop and maintain good relationships with lines of business. Ensure communication is customer focused and professional.
· Ensure timely Monitoring and Resolving of Peregrine tickets.
· Works with team to develop scripts to automate repeatable manual tasks.
· Troubleshoot and resolve application or infrastructure issues. This requires detailed knowledge of multiple systems, as well as an in-depth understanding of the functionality for these systems.
· Technical expertise on multiple platforms is required.
· Participate and Manage Disaster Recovery events and Major Event Changes.
· Participate in audit support activities, as they pertain to Information Security, for both internal and external audits. Perform audit support tasks as assigned.
· Evaluate service level issues and suggested enhancements escalated by Service Delivery Team to diagnose and address underlying system problems and inefficiencies
· Engage third party suppliers on applications support issues
Additional duties include managing a team to perform L2 caliber troubleshooting/triage of incidents, reviewing data-quality issues, completing escalation management. In this position, the individual will be able quickly evaluate information, engage and assist technology staff, and communicate issues to help remediate and resolve production issues efficiently and effectively. In support of the incident management activities the L2 support will work closely with other technology groups including Development, Data Base Administration, QA, Infrastructure (Networking, Systems and Storage, Build and Deploy, and Operations) teams.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.