Reporting to a senior officer, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the settlement of new issues, both standalone and from programmes across Debt and Equity Capital Markets.
- Delivering deal-related logistics.
- Conducting thorough due diligence on DCM/ECM settlement structures and ensure all issues are properly addressed.
- Assisting multiple DCM/ECM syndicate desks in monitoring trade bookings and DCM/ECM trading books.
- Analyzing deal-related fees, expenses and cash flows
- Partnering closely with multiple internal areas including trade support, settlements, legal, investment banking, business managers, finance and traders
- Working with multiple external parties including issuers, clients, external legal counsel, regulators, CSDs and peer banks.
What we offer
- This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within a high profile and specialized area.
- A great learning experience across multiple product lines and roles, including extensive opportunities to partner with a wide range of groups both internal and external
- We train, mentor and manage junior team members so that they can add value from the outset; the team includes syndicate operations experts with a wealth of knowledge.
- Great in depth multi product learning opportunity.
- A positive and inclusive environment.
- The ideal candidate will have middle office or operations experience and be familiar with equities or fixed income products. Prior knowledge of primary issuance in ECM or DCM would be desirable.
- As part of the Middle Office function, you should possess strong problem solving skills and the propensity for critical thinking with the ability to make crucial time pressured decisions.
- You should have the ability to work on your own and as part of a team as well as possessing the confidence to challenge the status quo. You will be expected to have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications and the willingness to learn new applications in an ever changing environment.
- Excellent communication skills are essential as is the ability to be proactive, flexible, hard working and accurate with a “can do” attitude.
- Graduate qualification preferred
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL INTERNAL MOVES WILL NORMALLY TAKE PLACE ON THE SAME GRADE AND SAME SALARY. SALARIES ARE REVIEWED ANUALLY IN FEBRUARY. EXCEPTIONS TO THE RULE REGARDING TRANSFER ON CURRENT SALARY MAY INCLUDE A MOVE BETWEEN GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS.
The hiring manager for this job opening would be willing to have a conversation about flexibility. This could range from ad hoc flexibility in a full time position, to a more formal Flexible Work Arrangement. The hiring manager is not committing to offering this, just highlighting an openness to having the conversation.