The Solution Architect is a client facing role that is designed to improve the overall execution process by focusing on the concept and scoping phases of the campaign or project lifecycle.
· Partners with Strategic Priority Assessment team to schedule initiatives for review and ensure all appropriate documentation is completed and approved.
· Ensures that strategies entering Marketing Services are finalized and bundled in the most efficient manner.
· Participates in interactive dialogue with the Business Unit to understand their strategy and formulate an approach. This also includes understanding and managing the incremental capabilities that are being requested.
· The Solution Architect will partner with the Business Unit to develop a high level approach to be used for the appropriate Finance and IT approvals, when necessary.
· Produces detailed concepts that are used in the Marketing Services scoping process.
· Asks the appropriate questions during the scoping process to ensure that all impacted stakeholders are notified early in the process.
· Validates the scoping estimate after requirements have been locked down in order to identify scope creep and make modifications to the preliminary scoping process.
· Participates, when needed, to solve issues that arise during any stage of the campaign process.
· Recommends improvements to recurring activities that may not pass through the Concept or Scoping phases.
· Recommends changes or enhancements to internal Marketing Services tools in order to gather more information about the concepts.
· Interacts with the appropriate groups both within and outside of Marketing Services in order to ensure that all impacted parties are aware of and agree with the approach. External groups include Business Engineering, IT, CMS, Risk, Finance and Pricing.
· Participates in the ongoing Business Unit planning process with MKS Capacity and Planning, Finance and CAO Process Excellence teams.
- College degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Works independently
- Analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrated relationship management skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required with ability to influence at multiple levels within the organization
- Demonstrated skills in solution architecture, experience with the portfolio and acquisition campaign process as well as project management methodology preferred
- 5-7+ years of demonstrated experience in an operations role