Corporate Finance & Business Management: Financial Control London Ledger Migration Business Analyst – Analyst
The Firmwide Financial Control (FFC) team is part of Corporate Finance and provides financial control services across business aligned teams. In addition, there are several cross business teams including core accounting, regulatory reporting and an internal control team that houses the functions and processes common to all businesses. This model allows the participating businesses to more easily share best practices and better leverage their collective talent, all while ensuring that the business-aligned teams keep their strong connection and relationships with the business managers in the primary locations. The FFC organization is made up of over 600 people and is based in Newark, Delaware and Mumbai, India.
The Financial Control Business Analyst will be supporting the centralized Firmwide Financial Control workstream leads in the execution of the Corporate ledger migration, representing FFC. The business analyst will be required to work closely with the LOB financial controllers, LOB product controllers, Corporate & Investment Bank PMO, and Corporate PMO to execute on the business initiative and help resolve business challenges.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Firmwide Financial Control Workstream Leads on the Ledger migration to SAP, on behalf of FFC; coordinating across all LOBs
- Assist in the defining business requirements
- Identify current and future state operating models
- Perform gap analysis
- Identify risks and issues
- Liaison with PMO and LOB stakeholders
The candidate must be a highly-motivated individual and must be able to handle a high level of complexity, be able to shift focus of task with relative ease and be flexible enough in shifting workload in accordance with changing priorities, and be comfortable dealing with a sometimes stressful and fast-paced trading and month end priority-driven environment.
- Basic understanding of Merit ledger and associated functionality (nice to have)
- Comfortable liaising with various product aligned businesses and across other corporate financial and accounting groups
- Ability to understand business drivers and requirements
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to quickly understand workings of a complex processing system across the infrastructure and their interrelationships and dependencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
- Excellent desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a constantly changing environment
- Able to critically challenge with the goal of identifying control issues