JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Business & Document Services (GBDS) is the corporation's primary print production and distribution unit for JPMorgan Chase. Global Document Services (GBDS) prints, inserts and mails over 1.1 billion mail pieces annually. GBDS supports internal lines of business such as Retail, Card Services, Retirement Plan Services, Private Bank and Treasury Services. GBDS produces a wide variety of products including postcards, letters, statements, checks, invoices and marketing material originated from its internal composition team as well as documents created by Output Systems.
The group's primary functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinating, reviewing, and extracting data files from various lines of businesses within JPMorgan for mail distribution
- Offering clients the following services:
- First Class Mail presentment
- Standard Class Mail presentment
- Ecertified Mail presentment
- USPS Express and USPS International Express Mail presentment
- Fed Ex Letter/Packages/Freight presentment
- UPS Letter/Packages/Freight presentment
- Track One and Inner Office mail presentment
- Providing and validating reconciliation of all files received daily and meeting client service level agreements
- New business management to onboard new products
- Change management to support technology and process improvements and document changes
GBDS continues to lead our firm with state of the art technology, new products and services, and opportunities for ongoing development. This equates to a culture which fosters mobility for our team members. The focus given to one’s success throughout their GBDS career is enhanced by cross-training. Once you have mastered your departmental processes, we will focus on expanding your understanding of our business by rotating you throughout other departments within GBDS. This will enhance your skill set and provide you with new avenues for learning our business and our organization.
Operations Managers support our leadership team with responsibility and oversight for one or more of the following departments: Manual Document Processing, Print Operations, Insertion Operations, Verify/Dispatch Operations, Warehouse Operations, and Quality Assurance. As a leader within this department, you will be required to work a variable schedule, based on production needs. GBDS is a 24-hour/7-day operation, including holidays.
The GBDS Operations Manager will be responsible for providing strategic oversight for document processing operations/functions. The Manager will support a business with ambitious long-term plans for growth in a highly competitive, complex environment. The successful candidate will be an experienced leader with a proactive, hands-on management approach and strong operational skills. Additionally, the Operations Manager will lead a team responsible for the growth and development of all products by focusing on process improvements to ensure consistency and effectiveness.
- Lead and manage a team of professionals in a dynamic, fast paced environment with an emphasis on Quality and Productivity performance management
- Monitor and enhance the control processes surrounding operations functions to proactively manage risk. Conduct daily validation of production’s input and output, with an emphasis on risk control measures
- Display understanding of upstream internal processes and responsibilities
- Ensure GBDS and Lines of Business standard operating procedures are applied consistently
- Continuously improve the client experience & operational efficiencies
- Collaborate with business partners and key stakeholders to influence the strategic direction and operational integrity of the business
- Work closely with technology partners to improve process efficiency, enhance productivity and the client experience
- Develop, implement and monitor performance metrics to ensure the quality and efficiency in business processes
- Proactively lead the people agenda including resource planning, talent management, professional skills development, performance management and diversity.
- Collaborate with global counterparts to establish consistency and best practices
- Align the function to maximize impact and effectiveness while meeting financial targets.
- Differentiate oneself as a senior operations leader, both inside and outside of the firm.
- Excellent understanding of mail operational processes: exposure to USPS Mail presentment a plus.
- Extensive experience driving process change and efficiencies, with a strong focus on execution and delivery against objectives
- Analytical problem solver with excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with key stakeholders and work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Strong sense of prioritization and execution against deliverables, assuming personal accountability for key projects and issue resolution.
- Proven experience managing a mid to large team, with the ability to lead, motivate and get the very best out of a high performing team of operations professionals.
- Ability to influence stakeholders to ensure decisions are well thought out and can be executed from an operations perspective.
- Strong financial & budgeting skills with experience in budget forecasting and invoice processing
- Three to five years previous supervisory experience required
- Able to stand on shift for 8 to 10 hours
- Bachelors’ degree in Business or Business related studies preferred