As a Business Analyst II, this position is responsible for supporting the management and execution of projects, reporting analysis, assignments and tasks within Mortgage Banking.
Allocates analysis resources and monitors deliverables to ensure client needs are met
successfully and in a timely fashion. Coordinates with other lines of business to identify
and implement new or enhanced controls supporting regulatory, investor or state requirements and Chase policy.
Leading a team in developing and communicating solutions for business support groups
by effectively gathering, compiling and reviewing information and data, evaluating
existing systems and procedures, identifying alternate courses of actions, developing
tools and/or improvements.
Participate in project activities including prioritizing, developing schedules, determining
resources, preparing plans, process and procedure documentation and effectively
resolving issues as they arise. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical
path issues. Track milestones and deliverables.
Communicate status to management and stakeholders as necessary through summary
reports, review decks, project plans, agendas, minutes, issue / risk tracking, etc.
Coordinate with other lines of business to identify and implement new or enhanced controls supporting regulatory, investor or state requirements and Chase policy. Will oversee teams of Operations Business Analysts, Operations Specialists and other job functions within Default. May lead a team responsible for the timely and effective resolution of loan issues and overall operational efficiency.
• Manage Performance – set clear goals and expectations, tracking progress against goals, addressing performance problems and issues promptly.
• Manage Change – Leadership in driving change and managing to success implementation.
• Partnering – develop networks and build alliances; collaborate across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common goals.
• Develop Others – delegate responsibility and work with others to coach and develop by providing opportunities to learn.
• Individually solves business problems and completes analysis. Performs advanced functions to provide performance numbers to LOB leaders.
• Able to lead projects and drive execution of project deliverables. Able to work with key partners to fully execute.
• Able to communicate effectively to an audience at all levels of management
• Exhibits professional and ethical conduct. Is willing to do what is necessary to get the work done for the good of the team.
• Capability to review and translate functional specifications to validate and ensure business requirements are met
• Competent organizational skills with attention to detail
• All managers are accountable for compliance with all laws and regulations when performing their job duties.
• Understands end to end business processes to fully provide vision needed for the department to perform tasks.
• This position could be a management position that manages teams and exempt individual contributors and may have manage various functions including initiatives, performance/process improvement, development and implementation of business strategies, business analysis, problem resolution, reporting and controls.
• Responsible for supporting the coordination and execution of a variety of critical activities including strategic and tactical initiatives, management and operational support, executive reporting and business planning.
• Managing business solutions initiatives to assess business needs, propose, and evaluate solutions, in partnership with other business support functions.
• Provide recommendations to improve operational systems, business performance processes & policies in support of organization commitment to compliance
• Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business processes, systems, and user needs Oversees teams who work with LOB to define reporting requirements and analysis needs to help drive performance or meet various operational requirements.
• Participate in strategic and operational planning session, process reviews with internal audit, process engineers, etc.
• Recommend action steps for enhancing processes & procedures to improve the customer experience, efficiency and control environment.
• Prepare executive presentations and reports for business reviews, budget presentations and senior leadership meetings.
• Build and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with internal and external customers and partners, including peers across the Firm, with focus on customer experience.
• Aid in creating an "audit ready" environment by strengthening key controls and ensuring all necessary reporting has been developed as applicable in conjunction with the operational risk team.
• Coach and mentor staff
• Responsible for implementing controls within span of control to ensure that Chase complies with regulatory requirements.
• If applicable, ensure staff participate in required training and ensure that their employees attend required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations.
• Researches and evaluates high priority or complex problems through communication and negotiation with other internal departments, provides recommendations for resolution.
• Continually evaluates departmental efficiency to ensure that operations meet established internal and external standards at a reasonable cost to the company.
• May interact with Investors, MHA-C & Internal Audit/Compliance Departments on an as needed basis.
• Reviews and analyzes management controls and reporting to ensure accuracy of information reported.
• Act as a liaison between various Lines of Businesses to assist in action plan resolution by ensuring proper gap analysis occurs and corrective processes are implemented.
• 3-5 years of related experience in mortgage banking and default loan operations experience; Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
• Strong organizational and analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of mortgage lending systems
• Demonstrated knowledge of loan service industry in areas of investor, insurer, regulatory, and state servicing requirements; remedies available for specific loan types; and real estate fundamentals
• Experience with process improvement & project management methodology preferred
• Proficiency with office products such as Word and Excel, Access and business presentation tools such as Power Point and Visio