About JPMorgan Chase:
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.1 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small-business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. The headquarters for JPMorgan Chase is located in New York. J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. has six lines of business:
- Asset Management
- Card Services
- Commercial Banking
- Investment Bank
- Retail Financial Services
- Treasury & Securities Services
JPMorgan Chase holds leading positions in most major categories it competes in across its peer group. JPMorgan Chase reported full-year 2010 earnings of $17.4 billion on revenue of $104.8 billion.
The firm continues to successfully navigate through the intense credit and capital markets turbulence, protecting the company and capitalizing on any opportunities that present themselves. The firm has a history of showing leadership during times of financial crisis and will continue to build on that legacy.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to building vibrant communities, preserving the environment and promoting an inclusive culture that benefits its shareholders, customers, employees, neighbors and future generations. The firm does this in multiple ways, ranging from charitable giving and diversity initiatives to the promotion of economic opportunity and development. The organization strives to be fair and ethical in business practices and has a strong set of principles that guides our actions and informs decisions. The firm is helping to protect the environment and works at deep community involvement. A select few awards include:
- Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE magazine
- Most Respected Companies by Barron's magazine
- Top 50 Companies for Diversity, Diversity Inc magazine
- Top Companies for Executive Women by National Association for Female Executives (NAFE)
- 100% rating on the Corporate Equality Index, measuring treatment of gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender employees and customers
About Chase Card Services:
Chase Card Services is a key contributor to the JPMorgan Chase product platform, playing an integral role in the firm's powerful banking franchise. Today's card industry is complex, and Chase Card Services has almost 91 million open credit-card accounts and more than $137 billion in managed loans. Customers used Chase cards to meet more than $313 billion worth of their spending needs in 2010.
Chase continues to innovate despite a very difficult business environment, launching new products and services, such as Blueprint, Chase Sapphire and Ink from Chase, and earning a market leadership position in building loyalty and reward programs. Chase also offers credit card programs with many of the world's best brands. Through its merchant acquiring business, Chase Paymentech Solutions, Chase is one of the leading processors of credit card payments.
The role of the Middle Market Commercial Card Regional Manager, is responsible for managing a Field Sales team of up to 10 sales professionals driving commercial card growth by selling card solutions to business (companies with annual sales revenues between $5M and $500M) in a defined territory.
Regional Manager candidate must have a strong track record of leading a Sales team in the Financial Services industry and a proven record of successful selling. A strong history of building internal and external strategic selling networks will be key to your success. She/he will be a master of all aspects of direct selling including developing national relationships for lead generation. In addition, will be responsible for establishing solid partnerships with other JPMorgan Chase businesses in your region to identify and close cross-sell corporate card opportunities.
Scope of Responsibility (Internal/External Partner Management)
- Liaise with local Commercial Bank Senior Management and C-Level Partner Contacts to develop and execute Corporate Card sales strategy
Act as a single regional point of contact for escalations and problem resolution
Represent the Card business at all local, market and regional level meetings to provide updates on performance, issues, and market changes
Lead and motivate sales team to deliver on business growth objectives through direct/joint calling efforts, providing real time coaching opportunities
Be able to manage multiple priorities and respond to multiple customer needs, sometimes under tight deadlines
Direct Sales Efforts
Achieve aggressive Card sales goals with the team through a focus on new business to the firm via new clients, cross-selling and expansion in the client base
Manage the team’s sales pipeline to ensure a robust volume of opportunities that will meet the targets
Cultivate larger prospect relationships that are regional/national in scope
Have proven skills in calling into the C-Level suite with proven confidence and success
Portfolio Management (Book of Business)
Collaborate with sales team, Portfolio and Product, to ensure retention, revenue growth and relationship management of portfolio clients
Responsible for helping create client account plans for reviews to produce meaningful growth of client’s utilization and realization of spend targets
Grow and retain spend at a 10% rate within a $1.5B portfolio, to ensure engaged clients; Additionally, cross-sell into existing Commercial Bank client portfolio, to achieve a 40% penetration rate, delivering ~800-1000 new Card programs within the defined territory
- Previous Card Industry sales expertise in Purchasing, T&E and Accounts Payable spend
- Knowledge of electronic payment options including Card, Single Use, Order-to-Pay, etc.
- Knowledge of security, compliance, fraud liability, AML, etc., to enforce appropriate safeguards
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting using Microsoft suite as well as CRM tool
- Recruit, train, lead, coach, and motivate field sales managers
- Analyze and leverage data to uncover growth opportunities and implement growth strategies
- Develop, monitor and analyze performance metrics to evaluate regional effectiveness relative to key metric performance and goals
- Implement strategies and tactics to improve performance, efficiency and partner service
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership, follow-up and project management skills
- Lead/execute special projects and assignments as required
- Strong controllership skills including managing to expense policies and adherence to process policies and procedures
The points below have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these, with or without a reasonable accommodation, for your application to be considered.
- Bachelors Degree, MBA or Masters preferred
- 5-10 years of regional sales management in an outside business to business sales environment with a documented track record of success / top performance
- Excellent selling, influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong ability to effectively communicate (oral and written) with multiple levels of the organization (internally and externally)
- Past experience in customer-focused role of understanding/servicing customers needs; building trust and rapport with the customer; adapting approach that mirrors customers’ culture/environment; and developing strategies to add value to the customer.
- Capable of solving business problems and provide workable solutions through logical and systematic approaches
- High level of integrity, energetic, competitive and goal-oriented; highly motivated; outstanding interpersonal, time management and leadership skills
- Proven expertise in developing relationships from a cold call, networking activity, or business partner referral
- Knowledge of credit card industry, banking environment, or merchant services is preferred, but not required
- Available for extensive travel (50%-75%)
- Sense of urgency for goal achievement, strong commitment to driving sales results
- Exceptional presentation skills are mandatory-ability to flex style to audience..
- Computer skills necessary - Word - Excel - PowerPoint - Outlook