Business Banking (BB) is a part of the Consumer & Business Banking (CBB) group and is one of the industry leading providers of deposit and lending products and services to the small business segment (companies with annual revenue up to $20 million).
The BB Planning and Analysis group reports to the CCB Planning & Analysis Lead and the BB Chief Financial Officer and serves as an analytical resource to help senior executives understand and manage the financial profitability of the business. The group's objectives are broadly categorized into:
Planning & Reporting:
Provide timely and accurate financial reporting; explain results and variances; help track against targets and ensure profitability goals are achieved; manage the monthly & quarterly financial forecasting processes, earnings press releases and annual budget processes; track industry and competitor data; support Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) P&A finance team and CFO to fulfill corporate reporting objectives
Drive critical financial analytics to provide insights for management decision making; manage business review presentations to senior management. Other responsibilities include supporting ad-hoc business projects / requests within Business Banking or CCB to fulfill corporate objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The (BB) Planning and Analysis group is seeking a team member with strong analytical skills to assist with key analyses and strategic initiatives. Examples of key deliverables include:
- Assist with BAU financial reporting deliverables including monthly EMR, weekly metric reporting, quarterly competitor analytics, etc.
- Assist with firm-wide key financial projects for Business Banking such as automation of other teams to support other strategic business projects
- Assist in the development of business review presentations and /or supporting materials for the BB leadership team
- Internal presentations to CCB / Corporate
- External presentations given to investors (i.e. JPMC Investor Day), regulators, etc.
- Provide analytic support for earnings release (Talking Points, Analyst Presentation slides, additional back-up materials, etc.)
- Support the planning and reporting function in annual budgeting and multi-year forecasting analyses, CCAR, etc.
Successful candidates will be expected to be move up the learning curve quickly, maintain and enhance processes and relationships and be a key contributor to ensure BB objectives are achieved.
- Technical skills: strong quantitative and analytical problem solving skills, confidence with finance and accounting concepts, understanding of financial statements, has the ability to comprehend and clearly communicate complex concepts in a fast- paced, dynamic environment and provide strong documentation
- Strong team player who can partner well with the team as well as other finance groups. Positive attitude is a must.
- High degree of patience for working through multiple iterations of work, and dealing with the demands of senior management and the unpredictable and constantly varying subject matter of projects
- Strong judgment, professional maturity and personal integrity, strong work ethic, proactive and results-oriented, fact based, has the courage to ask the tough questions and challenge the status quo and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong presence, comfortable interacting with and presenting to all levels of management
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field with 2+ years of related experience