This position will be part of the Analytics and Process Improvement (API) team within Marketing Services (MKS). Marketing Services executes marketing campaigns as part of the Consumer and Community Bank (CCB) Shared Services group. The mission of the MKS API team is to collect and analyze operational data to drive quality and efficiency improvements in the day-to-day operations of Marketing Services.
The Business Systems Analyst I will support internal Marketing Services desktop development and automation (in Microsoft Access and Excel) to collect and report data. A strong knowledge of VBA and SQL is required for this development. The Analyst will also partner with CCB Marketing Analytics to migrate MKS data sources to the CCB Marketing Analytics Platform (MAP) which is a suite of modern “big data” analytics platforms and tools (e.g., Hadoop, Paxata).
Additionally, this individual will be accountable for understanding Card Marketing and MKS data elements, determining what data elements should be managed as critical data elements, ensuring metadata is accurate and complete for each element, understanding and managing the quality of the data and understanding the key processes that create and use the assigned data elements. He or she will leverage this knowledge as the Card Marketing Representative on the Data Management Council (DMC).
• Collaborate with internal MKS stakeholders on maintenance and development of user tools in various Microsoft Office systems.
• Owns the data definition, lineage and governance aspects of a domain “end to end” from data definition and related metadata to data creation and consumption for Marketing.
• Owns the data quality rules associated with all critical data elements assigned to the domain and ensures monitoring is in place to manage quality. Ensures DQ reported issues are properly managed to closure and provides inputs (impact assessment) for data quality issue prioritization.
• Accountable for understanding metadata, usage, standards and quality for specific data elements.
• Responsible for data element certifications to the authoritative source for Marketing and leads the Data Stewards through the process.
• Collaborates with Business Process Stakeholders to translate business requirements into the appropriate data requirements.
• Responsible for working with Data Stewards and DMC team to review data profiling results and recommend authoritative data source(s) for the attributes/elements within the data domain(s)
• Responsible for monitoring changes to business data requirements and ensuring that change and release management activities are executed for the data domain(s)
• Bachelor’s degree in business preferred or related equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in any of the following disciplines. Data usage, Process Analysis Process Improvement, Technology Development/Support
• Advanced knowledge of VBA and SQL
• Understands how data is used within business processes and its impact on desired business process outcomes
• Experience with data analysis and data quality assessment techniques
• Ability to manage a complex workload that includes multiple tasks and conflicting priorities with minimal supervision
• Capable of examining data trends to determine the root cause of variations
• Skilled in conceptualizing, documenting and presenting creative solutions
• Possesses knowledge of data lifecycle activities such as data definitions, data lineage and data