The HL Operations Closing Job Family provides support to the client and the bank during the closing process. This process includes contacting clients to schedule closings, answering questions pertaining to closing from the clients or third party vendors that arise prior to closing of the loan and review, preparation of the closing package, verification and review of all documentation post-signing and resolving any issue involving the documentation related to a loan.
The Closing Team Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the closing process until the customer’s loan has funded or withdrawn/declined. The Team Manager provides leadership, guidance, and support to closing staff and ensures administrative and operational compliance with regulatory requirements and JPMorgan Chase Mortgage policies and procedures related to loan processes.
The Closing Team Manager will coordinate and direct the daily operation of a closing team. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to, review of daily productivity metrics with the team and individual members of the teams. This includes but is not limited to total funded units, cycle times, telephony activity, priority reporting, call monitoring reporting, loan quality results and customer service results.
- Constant focus on customer service and all process flows that lead to delivering best in class service. Assist with customer escalations, address escalation issues from individuals and coordinate appropriate executive decisions in order to resolve customer concerns.
- Holds every employee on their team accountable for results including compliance to all pertinent regulatory policy. Monitor adherence to all prescribed metrics of performance which include but are not limited to customer satisfaction, cycle times, productivity goals, and pipeline management.
- Ensure policy communication is completed and validate employee understanding of required policy.
- Gives employees honest and clear feedback regarding strengths, opportunities and areas for development. Ensure employees are provided with the appropriate tools to successfully execute their responsibilities. Provides regular coaching and guidance for employees so they can improve their performance.
- Demonstrates the ability to build alignment and commitment within and across functions to achieve common goals. This includes but is not limited to originations, underwriting, support, communication as well as all other closing teams.
- Actively plans for the development of all employees that will strengthen current and future capabilities and enable them to contribute fully. Values continuous learning by fostering a climate for the learning and development of self and others.
- Demonstrates the ability to act in a decisive, urgent and committed way to achieve results
- Participation in various projects and feedback sessions to positively impact workflow, policies and procedures, system enhancements, etc.
- Four years experience in mortgage loan closing, support, underwriting or communications family (conventional and government; purchase and refinance); prior supervisory experience preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of mortgage originations, specifically mortgage operations.
- Proven ability to lead, coach, and mentor at all position levels. Ability to consistently maintain high performance level especially in stressful situations.
- Consistently acts in a way that is both trustworthy and trusting. Builds and maintains trust with others.
- Solid knowledge of Federal and State regulatory policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to effectively interact with various styles and levels of management and be able to adjust own communication style based on the audience.
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office Suite. Loan Originations Systems experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Government guidelines preferred.