Chase Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) serves nearly 66 million consumers and 4 million small businesses with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, small business banking and lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Our 139,000 employees serve our customers by following Chase’s Five Keys to a Great Customer Experience.
The Consumer and Community Bank Learning organization works with our CCB business groups to build and deliver the next generation of training products/services that prepare our employees to meet the challenges of their job function while providing an outstanding customer experience. As a firm, we continue to make investments in our learning platforms – strengthening the tools we use to support our learning strategy and improve our learner experience. CCB Learning Demand Management is a group within this learning organization aimed at providing planning and forecasting support for learning initiatives within CCB.
As a Training Manager I within CCB Learning Demand Management, you will be focused on supporting firm-wide and CCB-mandated training activities generated through the Firmwide Mandatory Training Control Center. The successful candidate will have direct accountability for a training project portfolio ranging in complexity that can span all Consumer and Community Banking lines of businesses. A key part of this role will be establishing and maintaining improved planning, forecasting, and communication sessions with the Firmwide Mandatory Training Control Center as well as client-focused development and delivery teams within CCB Learning. In addition, this role serves as a liaison between cross-functional business partners to ensure that all learning requests are accurate and necessary inputs gathered prior to submission and review.
What Will I Be Doing?
Support the execution of a growing department and serve as an integral member of a collaborative, fast-paced demand management team; help administer training approvals in support of the business and its growing need to have properly-trained employees
Work closely with learning/program leaders; support the planning, design, implementation, assessment and delivery of both new and existing learning and development programs for incumbent audiences
Complete end of month tracking reports on time; communicate to key partners and learning management team members
Coordinate departmental projects and initiatives related to continuous process improvement
Manage internal SharePoint portals and partner with business team members
Assist and take on development of new initiatives and adhoc projects
Drive administration and interpretation of key initiatives through timely reporting of milestones Responsible for a controlled and compliant operating environment; employees attend and complete required training programs and issues are escalated timely to management
Collaborate with peers regularly regarding issues affecting the department; evaluate feedback, focus group information and business partners’ discussions to ensure consistency
Take a leadership role within the team, to effectively help manage relationships/perceptions within the team and with the CCB Leaning organization
Partner with global, regional, and local Learning & Development teams to identify firm-wide and CCB-wide initiatives and manage their dependencies and impacts for CCB Learning
Other duties as assigned
What Do I Need to Demonstrate?
- Analyst/Demand Expert
- Assess the impact of learning requests or significant variances in the forecast, and recommend appropriate revisions and tactics
- Manage forecast exceptions by utilizing demand-planning exception reports to identify and fix potential issues
- Evaluate other demand management team’s learning curve and training requirements as they relate to tools utilization, product lifecycle and demand management concepts, and cross-functional thinking
- Systems Expert
- Use the existing toolsets (SharePoint, APEX, and MS Office) and demand-planning processes to create the best forecast as possible. Be the potential lead/expert on toolsets for the team
- Be comfortable knowing where to look to legacy systems for information
- Determine and communicate forecast confidence, including risks and opportunities, to the learning partners
- Speak to teams about training issues and collect information for senior project and line managers for action
- Develop, monitor and communicate reports on forecast accuracy to client-focused teams and CCB Learning leadership, while driving continuous improvement
- Make recommendations to enhance business processes and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies
- Work with client-focused teams, central review team, and CCB Learning leadership to generate a consensus demand plan
- Assist in development of annual learning plans and reconcile them with demand plans. Communicate any gaps between the plans
- Ensure that the demand forecast is shared/received in the format, level of detail and timing required by all learning partners, with documented assumptions
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field or 10+ years of equivalent training and experience required
2+ years experience working in demand/forecasting (training and development roles are a plus)
Demonstrated ability to work in a virtual team environment
High degree of initiative and autonomy
Strong professional presence
Ability to successfully multi-task across tactical and strategic initiatives
Excellent verbal and written communications, presentation and facilitation skills
Ability to manage time effectively; prioritize and escalate appropriately
Strong attention to detail; follow-through and results orientation
Strong consultative and influencing skills
Strong project and process management skills
Creativity and ability to generate new ideas
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project/process
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and articulate with strong written and oral communication skills
- Client-focused with an excellent professional and service attitude
- Highly organized, high energy and resourceful
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines efficiently
- Flexibility and adaptability is a must
What Else Do I Need to Know?
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.