JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
Risk and Finance Technology (RFT) builds and supports the firm's financial infrastructure to ensure Finance professionals have access to the tools and information necessary to deliver drive success. In partnership with Global Finance Operations, Corporate Systems Infrastructure (CSi), and others, we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients. RFT provides technology support for general ledger, profitability, cost allocations, treasury, accounts payable, reference data, project accounting and fixed assets, and reporting tools and the Risk applications.
Data Acquisition and Hosting
JP Morgan’s Global Finance & Treasury Data Acquisition Group is responsible for building and maintaining strategic Financial Data Warehouse. The Data Warehouse will house firm-wide Transactions and Positions data, and will service major Corporate and Treasury functions, including Liquidity Risk Reporting function (LRI), Disclosure of Interest (DOI), Interest Rate Risk (IRR), Liquidity Premium (LP), and Regulatory Reporting Engine.
As a Business Analyst/Project Lead in the Data Acquisition and Control (DAC) team of Risk Technology Group, the candidate will work towards successful delivery of a number of high profile, complex, technical milestones that are core to the success of the several BCBS Program. The Data Acquisition and Control team is responsible for sourcing strategic risk data feeds from several diverse line-of-business systems, validating the feeds for accuracy and timeliness and warehousing the data for consumption by the Credit Risk / Market Risk / Principal Risk, Regulatory Calculation and Reporting engines.
In the role of Business Analyst/Project Lead, the candidate will work with various consumers of Risk Data to understand their business needs, document and implement the distribution of the data in relevant downstream feeds.
- Leading and coordinating the end-to-end SDLC delivery of a number of critical milestones across multiple functional teams spanning several interdependent project organizations
- Developing a keen understanding of the unique business needs and related data/ informational requirements of the credit risk infrastructures
- Clearly document the technical specifications of the risk data feeds corresponding to various asset-classes
- Coordinating multiple rounds of walkthrough sessions of the specifications with the project work group
- Driving closure of requirements by acquiring necessary sign-offs from appropriate stakeholders
- identification, tracking, escalation and closure of project risks and issues
- Facilitation of meetings and coordination of build, system integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Coordinate UAT testing with consumers, getting test plan/test cases and sign-off.
- Research legacy implementations of feeds to assist in documenting requirements for strategic build.
- Create Test Cases for testing defined feeds.
· 5+ years experience working as a Technology Business Analyst in the financial services industry.
· Strong analytical skills and good product domain knowledge in Securities and Futures & Options.
· Project Management Experience working through all phases of a SDLC in medium to large scale IT Projects.
· Extensive experience in the following: Requirements gathering and documentation, test case generation, test planning and execution.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong coordination skills working with multiple stakeholders across several technology platforms and business areas.
· Familiarity in Database querying and hands-on experience using SQL.
· Willingness to hit the ground running to get the job done. Attention to detail is a must.
· Superior troubleshooting and/or problem solving skills.
· Experience with standard flat file and data transfer protocols-nice to have.
Any experience in Credit Risk management is favorable.
1. SQL (Hands-on experience)
2. Familiarity with Informatica and/or Experience with Data Feed Integration
3. Understanding of clearing houses
4. Use Case Development
5. Test Planning