A Senior Lending Manager will lead 6 or more Mortgage Lending Managers with a span of control of 14 MBs originating a broad variety of products to include Refinance, Purchase, and Cash Out; Conventional, VA, FHA, Jumbo, and Home Equity in a fast paced environment.
Mortgage Bankers within CD, BSC, and HE are required to build a relationship with the customer, and through inbound and outbound consultative sales techniques, match the most appropriate Mortgage Banking product with the customer’s need. Mortgage Bankers are also required to solicit referral business from existing Client, Realtor, Corporate, and Branch relationships to build their own sources of business.
Mortgage Bankers may serve client needs in all 50 states and must be familiar with associated programs, policies, and procedures.
Consumer Direct is a nationally scoped direct-to-consumer business with teams of Mortgage Bankers located in sales centers in Phoenix, Columbus, and Milwaukee.
Consumer Direct specializes in customer retention and new customer acquisition refinance transactions, purchase money mortgages, eCommerce originations, Corporate Relocation, and Home Equity in all 50 states. Leads for Consumer Direct are sourced from centrally managed direct mail, media advertising, cross sell efforts, statement programs, Chase.com, electronic newsletters, outbound lead sourcing, and other marketing efforts.
Consumer Direct/Branch Sales Center supports the Consumer Bank in providing mortgage solutions to consumers for Retail Bank Branches that do not have an assigned loan officer —based in Downers Grove.
Consumer Direct/Home Equity also supports the Consumer Bank in providing Home Equity solutions to consumers via our Retail Bank Branches through Home Equity Centers in Milwaukee and Phoenix.
· Leadership – understanding how to best serve customers to build the business; setting high standards for excellence and results; clarifying expectations; holding others accountable; and motivating others to achieve/exceed targets and goals.
· Lead Source/Program Management – design, development and implementation of new programs for CD with internal and external focus on new business goals; working with internal and external resources
· P/L responsibility and accountability of lead source – Fundings, Price Exceptions, Expense Management, and Capacity planning
· Technical Expertise in Telephony and IT with the ability to collaborate with internal peer functions and externally with vendors.
· Collaborate with Legal/Complicance on the introduction of new business, product types, and sytems
· Sales Development in all 50 states
· Lead MB Sales in system implementations
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance)
· Manage key Financial aspects of assigned lead source to include P&L accountability. Drive production by understanding the mortgage market, the competitive landscape, the Chase advantage, and the optimal utilization of the staff available; identifying viable and priority markets and tailor marketing strategies; owning the success of the front-line; monitoring the pipeline and sales forecasts; providing regular updates on business forecasts, goals and targets, competitor strategies, and marketing plans; and managing, negotiating, and providing support necessary to build the business and close top quality loans.
· Communicate business priorities, procedures and objectives to the Sales team
· Communicate horizontally and to senior management to develop and maintain internal partnerships and referral relationships by working collaboratively with all partners (e.g., Processing, Underwriting, Finance, Telephony, Marketing, Product, Credit Risk, Vendor, Product); and sharing information and expertise to identify market needs and sales strategies, provide top quality service, and meet/exceed objectives. Lead routine meetings as well as participate in Senior Management Business Reviews
· Develop Business that leads to Market Share Growth and improved Lead Management/Lead Conversion across lead sources
· Inform and promote corporate decisions and strategies by translating corporate programs/policies for local implementation; building buy-in for corporate initiatives through messaging and communication; and sharing information and insight about the market, competitive landscape, customer, and/or staff with corporate leaders/staff of key business initiatives and project management.
· Performance Manage and continuously improve sales teams
· Demonstrate ability to manage in a high volume changing environment
· Demonstate expertise in Telephony/Call Center Management and associated System technology to maintain and lead new business initiatives
· Manage Complex Business and Pipeline Activities within assigned lead source: defined by behaviors such as setting and managing priorities; planning and organizing so work is accomplished on time; identifying problems and recognizing the causes for problem solving; making decisions based on logical assumptions, relevant facts, and examination of alternatives; solving work-related problems through effective quantitative reasoning skills; learning and applying a series of steps, rules, or guidelines; applying technical knowledge for planning and performance
Knowledge and Experience
This position is subject to the Dodd Frank/Truth in Lending Act qualification requirements for Loan Originators. As such, an employment offer for this position is contingent on JPMC’s review of your criminal conviction history, credit report, information available through NMLS, and any other information relevant to a determination by JPMC that you demonstrate financial responsibility, good character, and general fitness for the position. Note that any felony conviction within the last seven years will disqualify you from consideration for this position. Your continued employment in this position would be contingent upon compliance with Truth in Lending Act/Dodd Frank Loan Originator requirements.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.