JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Vice President of Financial Analysis is a senior level role responsible for leading the production activities for the financial and analytical reporting systems. This role supports finance and analytical users across the Auto and Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) lines of business. This position will be responsible for setting the strategic direction for all new financial system production activities. This position is also responsible for ensuring all processes and controls are followed and identify areas of improvement and automation.
The candidate must have financial systems experience along with strong aptitude for accuracy and reconciliation. To be successful, the candidate should possess a strong understanding of the Auto Industry and its related business drivers. Interaction between Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, and other groups are required to ensure systems are supported properly.
In addition, this position will have the opportunity to work across the other Consumer and Community Banking (CCB) lines of business
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the Auto Proforma system is updated to incorporate needed changes by the business to incorporate new partners and make adjustments as needed for net credit loss assumptions, capital, cost of funds, etc. The candidate will need to be able to quickly come up to speed on how the existing process functions and will also need to gain a strong understanding of Auto data sources and systems. In addition, the candidate will need to identify and implement new reporting solutions to support the Auto business. Core activities associated with the position include the following:
- Works closely with sponsors, stakeholders, users, technical team leads and management to facilitate core project execution functions on initiatives that range in scope involving moderate to high levels of risk and complexity
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) in all aspects of project implementing planning and execution, ensuring consistency across project portfolio
- Communicates with key stakeholders the program strategy, direction and changes. Identifies resources needs, tracks key milestones and performs quality status reviews to the executive / leadership teams
- Participate in Business Requirement meetings and develop Business Requirements with various business stakeholders
- Work with IT on implementation and testing system changes
- Work with Business Stakeholders on gaining system change approvals
- Develop strong relationship with the IT team to prioritize work and implement changes
- Produce Daily and Monthly reports
- Ensure data integrity, accuracy and timeliness in all financial reporting
- Identify and implement automation solutions
- Research, scope and work with IT to develop new system to report full P&L actuals at the loan/account level
- Work with Accounting to ensure all BCBS required elements are captured monthly and integrated into all reporting systems including FDW and ICE
- Support ROA Calculator tool as needed
- Complete ad-hoc assignments
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or financial systems discipline. MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years experience in Finance, Systems, IT and/or Business Management experience
- Previous experience in Auto finance fields is preferred.
- Strong analytical, interpretive and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret large amounts of data and its impact in both operational and financial areas
· Excellent communication and partnering skills
· Experience in process improvement
· Strong technical, analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task and work autonomously within team environment
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with tight timelines
- Strong focus on service delivery / client satisfaction
- Proactive, responsive, team player, self motivated, flexible
- Must be detailed oriented and able to summarize information at high levels
- Strong ability to understand the big picture while maintaining a detailed focus on reporting
· Ability to research issues/problems and provide a 'solution-based' approach
· Adaptable to change and ambiguity in the work environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of P&Ls and understanding financial impacts of requested changes
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work with multiple, complex systems and large volumes of data
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Strong SQL/SAS Experience
- Hyperion Essbase experience preferred