JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Mortgage Banking Correspondent Originations controls team partners with the businesses and the other support service departments – Risk, Compliance, Legal, Audit and Exams to appropriately mitigate potential risks within the business by implementing compensating controls and testing their effectiveness and sustainability.
The RCSA Senior Control Analyst position focuses on evaluating end-to-end risks and controls, ensuring appropriate risk ratings, evaluating the appropriateness of risk based testing strategies and change control evaluations. The Analyst will partner with process owners to ensure that risks are properly identified and mitigating controls are in place to mitigate risk, minimize financial, regulatory and reputational exposure associated with the risks and thus maximize customer satisfaction and shareholder value. The Analyst will assist management with internal audits, external audits and exams, Compliance testing, etc. In addition, the Analyst will coordinate development, implementation and validation of action plans stemming from control tests, internal and/or external audits and exams, as well as anything self-identified by the business. This position reports to the Control Manager, interfaces with management and counterparties within the Operating Division. He/she will also lead the administrative tasks associative with Phoenix, Change Control and Action Plans.
To accomplish these objectives, the operational control senior analyst will work closely with the business units and external business partners located in multiple geographic regions and will interact with various levels of management in regard to governance, process improvement and enterprise-wide risk communication, etc.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Operating Division to create process flows to identify specific risks (inherent & residual) and associated risk rankings.
- Build testing scripts & complete RCSA control testing in accordance with CCB guidelines
- Ensure controls are rated accordingly.
- Create complete & comprehensive documentation file of testing evidence.
- Perform root cause analysis of issues and recommend remediation steps which could result in action plans.
- Perform side by side observations of controls, as well as procedures.
- Provide analytical and reporting support to the Control team.
- Assist with presentations for various constituents and levels of management
- Gathers, analyzes and communicates change control information to senior management and other risk/control groups.
- Gathers and analyzes data, reports and other documentations to determine inefficiencies, gaps in process/procedure, the integrity of data and/or training and appropriate separation of duties in each review, as applicable.
- Understands & complies with Operational Review methodology for thru-put and spot reviews.
- Seeks, develops, and facilitates a strong working relationship with business partners through ongoing coordination of operational matters and utilizing effective communication and, when warranted, conflict resolution skills.
- Problem solves at a high level and exercises authority using prudent judgment to ensure that bank policy and profitability are not compromised.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in financial services operations (i.e. mortgage loan servicing, legal document production, mortgage default, asset recovery, etc.) strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years of audit, compliance or operational control experience strongly preferred.
- Strong experience with identifying risk and developing mitigating controls.
Strong analytical skills with the ability to: 1) understand business functions quickly, 2) assess the operational and financial impact of control issues and findings, and 3) communicate findings and develop recommendations for resolution
Correspondent originations experience preferred.
Strong relationship building skills with a demonstrated ability to influence outcomes.
Ability to interface with internal clients and translate technical data and information into user reports and presentations.
Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
Excellent analytical/problem solving skills required.
Knowledge of state, federal, and regulatory guidelines strongly preferred.
Excellent MS Office Suite skills (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Access)
Exceptional collaboration skills.
Highest level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency.
Detail oriented and customer focused.
Enthusiastic, effective under pressure.
Creative self-starter with strong initiative, ability to take ownership and work independently.
Proven ability and desire to learn quickly, be flexible, and think strategically.