About JP Morgan Asset Management
J.P. Morgan Asset Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Asset Management Global Investment Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
• Clear focus on managing client assets and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns
• More than 1,300 investment professionals providing strategies spanning the full spectrum of asset classes, including equity, fixed income, cash liquidity, currency, real estate, hedge funds and private equity
• Leadership positions in the U.S., U.K., Continental Europe, Asia, and Japan
J.P. Morgan Asset Management is the marketing name for the investment management businesses of JPMorgan Chase & Co. and its affiliates worldwide.
Global Investment Management Core Operations supports functions for the Front and Middle Office groups. Functions in Investment Management Core Operations include Portfolio Services, Cash Operations, Reconciliations, Fee Billing and CSA.
The successful candidate will join a team focused on the re-engineering of the end to end operating environment for Global Fixed Income and Liquidity. They will be responsible for end to end management of business analysis, strategy recommendation and execution of change management initiatives. The role will work closely with all stakeholders including the business, chief data office, finance and technology. In addition the successful candidate will also be expected to be able to interpret regulatory requirements and develop solutions to meet them.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Partner with key business and technology representatives globally in order to drive business requirements, testing and overall delivery
• Lead and Support Process Re-engineering - Analyze current state and define future state business processes to ensure consistency and gain maximum benefit from technology deliveries.
• Perform root cause analysis, and understand impact and inter-dependencies in order to develop solutions.
• Provide status updates to core team and senior managers.
• Effectively communicate changes, ensuring that the relevant business, operations and technology stakeholders are engaged and that all issues and risks are identified and escalated.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Attention to detail and investigative skills
• Ability to clearly define and articulate business requirements
• Excellent communication, presentation (both oral and written) & influencing skills
• Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; candidate will be dealing with stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority (up-to Managing Director level) across front office, middle office and technology teams
• Strong partnership record and ability to build effective business relationships
• Effective change management skills
• Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard
• Understanding of the end to end operating environment and the associated controls is required.