About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank:
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. It provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
The global businesses of the Corporate & Investment Bank are organised into two main groups: Banking and Markets & Investor Services. Banking includes Investment Banking, the Global Corporate Bank and Treasury Services, and Markets & Investor Services includes Fixed Income, Equity Sales & Trading, Commodities as well as Prime Services and Securities Clearing.
J.P. Morgan Investor Services (IS) is a premier securities servicing provider that helps institutional investors, alternative asset managers, broker dealers and equity issuers optimize efficiency, mitigate risk and enhance revenue. IS leverages the firm's global scale, leading technology and deep industry expertise to service investments around the world. Locally, the IS business has a strong market position, ranking first in most valuable cross border assets and second by total assets under custody.
OTC Derivatives Services is part of Investor Services performing the functions of Trade Capture, Valuation, Accounting, and Reconciliation of OTC Derivatives for JPM custodian clients. Clients include large industry superannuation funds, investment management unit trusts based in Australia and New Zealand.
The OTC Derivatives Analyst is responsible for ensuring clients OTC trades are captured and valued correctly in the Accounting system. Any OTC related trade cash flows and margin movements also need to be captured accurately in the accounting system and reconciled. The role also requires accurate and professional resolution of all internal and external queries in a timely manner.
Key Accountabilities / Major Responsibilities:
• Trade Capture of Bilateral and Centrally Cleared OTC Derivatives in OTC System and Accounting system
• Trade Capture and calculation of OTC Life cycle events such as coupon payments, credit events and expirations
• Pricing, P&L oversight and Reconciliation of OTC Derivatives
• Investigation and clearing of OTC related cash breaks between Accounting and Custody
• Accounting of collateral movements related to OTC Derivatives and reconciliation of Collateral balances.
• Communication with internal and external clients on any issues with OTC Derivatives
• Addressing issues as they arise and tracking the issue to resolution
• Maintaining existing Excel reconciliations and migrating reconciliations to JPM Reconciliation systems
• Establish and develop strong relationships with both internal and external clients
• Assist with the onboarding of new clients to OTC Independent Valuation Service
• Client reporting of OTC Derivatives
• A degree in Commerce, Accounting, Economics or Finance preferable
• Minimum 3 years financial services experience from an operations, trade support or middle office environment.
• Broad understanding of OTC Derivatives trade capture and life cycle events.
• Knowledge of accounting for OTC Derivatives.
• Knowledge of the valuations of OTC Derivatives or the ability and willingness to learn how to value OTC Derivatives.
• Strong Excel skills, with VBA knowledge and experience an advantage.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.