An ETI Network Tools Developer will be tasked with developing real-time monitoring tools to support our Electronic Trading Infrastructure in the Investment Bank division. The Candidate will be responsible for the global deployment and support of monitoring tools. The candidate will be responsible for the statistical analysis of trade latency across our Equities, FX, Rats,e and EMM environments.
Candidate will interact with the ETI Network Operation team in automating tasks via specialized scripts. Candidate will interact with IB Application Development teams in gathering requirements and provide support on developed real-time monitoring tools.
· Maintain a thorough understanding of basic and advanced concepts in the fields of:
o Latency monitoring concepts and relevant industry solutions (Corvil, Geneos, etc.)
o Integrating real-time trade latency executions with internal Equities EDA order management and other third party tools.
o Coding tools for operational efficiency (ex. automated start-of-day and start-of-week check scripts with dashboards)
o Coding for real-time dashboards that alert on level-of real-time service per a trading session.
o Automate the process of internal and external reports creation and distribution
o Code for specific internal JPM financial protocols.
o Creating software connectors to accept and decode Analytical Streams generated for down-steam systems.
o Learning third party API of systems currently in production and utilize for real-time monitoring of trade flow.
· B.S.or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience. / 5+ years’ experience in Python
· Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal, at a level commensurate with the level of the audience
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a highly dynamic environment contained within a much larger functional organization
· Strong problem solving skills and experience developing high-performance systems and web sites (caching, performance, multi-processing, etc).
· Demonstrated experience working with server to server solutions
· Proven experience working with Python, including experience with Pandas, SQLAlchemy and either django, tornado or flask
· Knowledge of RDBMS database querying. Worked with at least one of the following: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server
· Experience working in a Linux environment.
· Experience working with JQuery/AJAX building modern web applications; d3.js or other charting packages helpful
· Scale application with the business using the latest technologies.
· Shell scripting experience
· Working knowledge of networking principles and applications / technologies (e.g., TCP / UDP protocols, DNS, DHCP services)
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.