JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
The Vice President is responsible for supporting the treasury finance function within Consumer & Community Banking (CCB). This opportunity challenges the candidate to build next generation quantitative cash-flow models and perform data analytics utilizing JP Morgan Chase’s vast customer, household, and transactional level data. The group works hand-in-hand with a team of data engineers and predictive modelers to solve the most complicated problems for CCB.
This position will have forecast model development and strategy responsibilities for several deposit related P&L and balance sheet line items and key drivers such as outstanding balances and accounts, customer rates paid, funds transfer pricing (FTP), non-sufficient funds and overdraft (NSF/OD), and debit card transactions. Currently, the models for these line items lie on the Firmwide Forecasting Framework (F3), an integrated platform for model deployment, forecast orchestration, and analysis. This framework is currently used in all firm wide forecasting processes, both regulatory (CCAR & DFAST) as well as internal budgeting and planning exercises. A portion of your time will be spent working with the model engineering team writing requirements for future enhancements to this framework.
The candidate will also be accountable for developing best in-class analytics around deposit migration, repricing, and growth, leveraging Chase’s Integrated Consumer Data Warehouse (ICDW). The analytics derived from these exercises will be used extensively by the business to inform strategy as well as by corporate treasury and the chief investment office to develop FTP, interest rate risk (IRR), and asset-liability management (ALM) frameworks. This part of the job will require close interaction with product and marketing managers, CFOs, corporate treasury, and the deposit modeling center of excellence.
· Partner with quantitative modeling team to build best-in-class models and analytical frameworks for forecasting Consumer and Business Banking deposit balances and interest rates
· Partner with subject matter experts to design model requirements incorporating qualitative business strategy, macroeconomic drivers, and fixed income methodology
· Become a deposit data expert, utilizing a data warehouse to inform modeling approaches, research outliers, and prepare data for usage by the quantitative modeling team
· Stress, sensitize, and troubleshoot forecast model results during development phases to ensure reasonable outcomes
· Present model results to LOB CFOs, deposit modeling COE, & other key senior partners
· Build target state back-testing framework for deposit models
· Write formal documentation to support model risk governance & review approval process
· Enhance CCAR/ICAAP submission narrative with most up-to-date logic and chronicle
· Partner with other LOBs and functions to ensure best practices across the entire organization
· Ensure accurate and timely response to Federal Reserve Board (FRB) questions
· 6+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, financial analytics, or quantitative modeling at a large financial institution or management consulting firm
· An outstanding ability to analyze problems, apply quantitative analytical approaches, communicate effectively and confidently (both oral and written), work well in cross-functional teams
· Ability to find relationships and identify patterns in large datasets and to see business implications of findings
· Able to communicate with a variety of peers including engineering teams, quantitative modeling teams, and business unit executives
· Working knowledge of banking, specifically consumer deposits
· Ability to translate data into concise, insightful, and actionable recommendations
· Experience with analytical tools such as SAS, SQL, and Python or desire to learn
· Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills; VBA is a plus
· Familiarity of Hyperion Essbase
· Aspiration to become a future leader and manager of others at the firm
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.