Commercial Banking Compliance supports the line of business in complying with laws and regulations relevant to all aspects of Commercial Banking ("CB"). CB comprises several sub-lines of business, including Corporate Client Banking and Specialized Industries, Middle Market Banking and Specialized Industries, Credit Markets (Chase Business Credit, Chase Capital, and Chase Equipment Finance), Real Estate Banking, and Community Development Banking. These business lines serve both private and public clients with $20MM and above in annual revenue.
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance (“GFCC”) team supporting CB seeks a highly motivated, team oriented Compliance Manager. This role will primarily focus on providing ongoing advice and guidance to our Real Estate Banking and Community Development Banking businesses on Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) client related matters and assist in the implementation of our KYC Standards.
The successful candidate is a self-starter, responsible, decisive and demonstrates knowledge of Commercial Banking and has an understanding of the products and services utilized. This position requires the individual to exercise sound judgment, independence and high quality standards. In addition, this candidate must have strong banking system and control knowledge.
· Demonstrate strong organizational, analytical, negotiation, written and verbal communication skills
· Ensure oversight and follow through on identified risk issues, including regulatory and audit items
· Support general compliance activities and other duties, including special projects, training, and ad-hoc reporting, as assigned.
· Direct staff management and oversight
· Use resources effectively and efficiently to reach goals
· Bachelor's degree or comparable work experience required
· Minimum of 5 years relevant experience working with or in Compliance, Risk Management or Audit
· Proven knowledge of banking systems and products
· Proven experience working in a complex multi-national organization
· Ability to set priorities, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
· Advanced problem solving and critical thinking skills
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex information in differing degrees of detail and form depending on the audience, including senior management.
· Proven ability to build strong partnerships with colleagues
· Highly skilled in PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.