The Chase Mortgage Banking Control Team is responsible for operational risk coverage for the business functions in mortgage operations. The goal of this team is to consistently identify, assess, validate, and manage operational risks across Mortgage. Where controls are not adequate, the team escalates to senior management, and assists with driving improvements to the overall control environment, operational efficiency, and/or organizational alignment. Validation of key controls is performed by testing compliance to applicable corporate, state and regulatory guidelines as well as internal policies and procedures. Key change activities and projects are monitored and consultation provided on control impacts.
The Operational Control Manager will oversee the design and implementation of an automated testing function to enhance the effectiveness of the risk and control self assessments. He/She will develop independent metrics and reporting to assess the adequacy of business controls and oversight. The manager will coordinate activities with other Control teams and oversight functions including Risk, Compliance, ITRM, and Audit. He/She will work closely with the functional control managers and the data analytics team to successful execute against these objectives.
Candidate must have strong knowledge of Operational and Enterprise Risk Management along with detailed knowledge of Mortgage Banking functions and processes. Must have strong project management skills and ability to develop business solutions and requirements. Must have demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with senior and mid-level management to communicate status updates and issues. Candidate will participate on task forces and special projects, as assigned.
· 10+ years in Financial Services with progressively increasing responsibilities.
· 5+ years of management experience
· 5+ years Loan Servicing, Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk, and/or Audit experience.
· Experience working with mid and senior-level business management.
· Strong communication skills and ability to motivate and influence others.
· Ability to understand and translate business requirements into technical requirements.
· Ability to isolate the root cause for control gaps, and able to identify and suggest viable solutions.
· Excellent data analysis skills leveraging Microsoft Office toolset (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio)
· Detailed knowledge of servicing policies, processes and operations to effectively design/improve/perform testing.
· Detailed knowledge of Loan servicing systems.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.