Regulatory Control Operations (RCO), which is aligned under Consumer and Community Banking (CCB), also operates as a critical partner to Asset Management, Commercial Banking and Corporate & Investment Bank and works closely with internal partners throughout CCB. RCO has approximately 1,300 employees and our employees embrace the Five Keys to a Great Customer Experience.
Within Regulatory Control Operations, Court Orders and Levies (COAL) processes Asset-Based Orders that are legally served upon JPMorgan Chase, by restraining and remitting client funds and other assets held by the bank. These orders, primarily garnishments and levies, are issued by the court system or government agencies to collect on a debt or money judgment based on individual states’ terms and legal procedures. The primary objective of the COAL organization is to accurately and efficiently act on the incoming orders in a way that facilitates the process for our customers while at the same time controlling any risk exposure to the firm.
The COAL End-to-End Process Manager will be responsible for providing oversight of the complete end-to-end Court Orders and Levies process. This manager will interface regularly with the sending agencies and will be expected to assume a leadership role among industry colleagues. He or she will lead collaboration, acting as a liaison between Risk, Compliance, Legal, Technology, Operations, and other lines of business to optimize the process. The position will facilitate end-to-end assessments across all aspects of the COAL process to ensure compliance with regulations. In addition, they will continuously seek strategic opportunities to enhance controls, improve quality, optimize workflows, and facilitate the change process, while owning the design and build of the technology book of work. They will also lead and facilitate meetings, and set objectives and deliverables (scorecards, control points, test procedures etc) to measure adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in Financial Institutions managing complex regulatory processes
- Experience with Legal, Audit, Risk, or Compliance-related processes preferred
- Demonstrated ability to produce high level of detail accurately
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Masters or advanced degree in Business/Finance preferred
- In-depth knowledge of "end-to-end" processes and the ability to influence process improvements beyond organizational boundaries
- Proven organizational agility with the ability to work across all hierarchical and organizational lines
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and have a strong presence enabling effective influencing, interaction and communication with senior management
- Strong interpersonal skills (listening, negotiating, influencing, building trusting relationships)
- Excellent written and oral communications, including the ability to simplify and communicate complex issues for a variety of audiences
- Experience in developing and managing complex processes across multiple sites/geographies
- Ability to operate effectively in environments that involve constant change and a ambiguity
- Strong judgment in balancing risk management and customer experience dimensions and multiple complex regulatory and legal jurisdictions