JPMorgan Chase & Co.
(NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com
Global Technology Infrastructure (GTI) is the technology infrastructure organization for the firm, delivering a wide range of products and services, and partnering with all lines of business to provide high quality service delivery, exceptional project execution and financially disciplined approaches and processes in the most cost effective manner. The objective of GTI is to balance both business alignment and the centralized delivery of core products and services. GTI is designed to address the unique infrastructure needs of specific lines of business and the demand to leverage economies of scale across the firm.
Integrated Compute Services (ICS) within JPMorgan Chase’s Global technology Infrastructure group develops and operates one of the world’s largest enterprise compute environments providing compute, storage and hosting platforms. The massive scale supports a diversity of business applications to one of the largest banking institutions in the US.
The ICS service is the foundation that other Services will build on top of. The shift to a services based thinking will require implementing the Software Defined Datacenter to enable speed, scale and flexibility to meet the changing business needs. The goals are to abstract, virtualize and orchestrate the end to end process of delivering IT capabilities to the firm.
GTI-ICS is looking to fill an IAAS Virtualization Engineer Lead role. As a Senior Virtualization Engineer in the Virtual Server Infrastructure (VSI) engineering team, you will be expected to possess deep knowledge of, and experience with, virtualization and automation products and underlying networking, storage and compute technologies.
You will be asked to design and engineer solutions based on those products and technologies and work with other engineering teams to gather and evaluate requirements, propose designs to meet the needs, then engineer that design and work through the delivery of a pilot implementation. You will be accountable for guiding the implementation of these solutions into production environments and for reviewing the design to ensure it remains fit for purpose. You will be the escalation point for operations teams for items that require in depth interaction with vendors.
Additional Responsibilities include:
Must be highly skilled and experienced in the following areas:
- VMware vSphere 5.x
- VMware vSphere Autodeploy
- VMware vCenter
- Security Management
- Configuration Management
- Data Center Networking
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years extensive hands-on experience as a senior virtualization engineer (spanning OS, virtualization. automation, storage, networking and compute)
- In depth experience with VMware vSphere 5.x
- Strong hands on experience with architecture, design, installation and configuration of IT infrastructure components in large and complex environments
- Experience with designing, writing, modifying and debugging complex scripts and/or workflows to automate routine product management admin
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions that are resilient, repeatable and scalable
- Experience with vendor provided APIs
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task appropriately prioritizing deliverables against timeframe
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills being able to communicate effectively on both a technical and business level
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to analyze detailed business requirements, raise questions and seek resolution to outstanding clarifications required for test case identification
- Excellent work ethic
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize one's own work
- Strong understanding of the operational impact of design choices
- Ability to provide strong technical and developmental guidance