JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.Business Description
JPMorgan Chase Bank is a global leader in the financial services industry, offering intelligent solutions across comprehensive and cutting edge global product platforms. You will be surrounded by smart, driven people like yourself, who in line with the highest standards of integrity, combine innovation and analysis to achieve industry leading results and recognition in accordance with the business principles fundamental to our success.
The JPMorgan Asia Global Financial Crimes Compliance Team is responsible for implementation and oversight of Anti-Money Laundering [“AML”] and sanctions initiatives for the firm's businesses in Asia. JPM is required to comply with US OFAC regulations and sanction programs of Asia regulators. Compliance teams work closely with business, legal, risk, and audit functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters, assess and measure compliance and related risks, and monitor and test the adequacy of the firm's compliance control environment.Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to perform review of wire transfers, trade finance transactions and Investment bank transactions and perform necessary research to determine true sanctions matches.
Specific responsibilities include:
Essential Skills / Experience
- Perform research on transactions stopped on the firm’s sanctions screening systems to establish if any true matches to sanctioned entities.
- Working with the Regional Sanctions Officer in reviewing clients and transactions for potential sanctions issues.
- Working with the Regional Sanctions Officer, performing the necessary research and query to determine the sanctions requirements in Asia and US/ EMEA.
- Attention to detail. The successful candidate should be meticulous in reviewing all parts of a transaction.
- Strong Communication Skills. The successful candidate will be required to communicate clearly to the businesses required actions subsequent to his/her review.
- Strong analytical ability and logical thinking. Ability to identify issues related to sanctions accurately and offer solutions.
- Have the initiative to find information to substantiate an opinion. Where required, be able to provide recommendations on compliance sanctions processes.
- As required, in accordance with a schedule, provide coverage on some public holidays. On occasion work outside of normal hours. May be required to participate in conference calls with the United States
- Some basic knowledge of banking industry. Knowledge of cash management or some experience with the corresponding banking business will be a plus.
- Some basic knowledge of US OFAC and Asia sanctions requirements. Experience in sanctions review will be a strong advantage.
- Experience in using sanctions screening systems.
- Strong speaking and writing abilities in English. Strong speaking and writing ability in local language (if applicable) will be a strong plus