Our business :
J.P. Morgan Bank Luxembourg S.A. (JPMBL) as a regulated Credit Institution provides a range of banking services to Banks, non-Bank Financial Institutions and corporate clients for the provision of Depository, Investor Services and Transaction Services.
The person sought will form part of the growing Compliance team for JP Morgan Bank Luxembourg S.A. as well as support regional and global compliance initiatives and programs. As J.P. Morgan continues to invest and grow the business the current opportunity will seek someone with a strong regulatory and compliance background, especially in the Transaction Services (TS) product areas. TS products within JPMBL include Core Cash payment services, Deposit oversight and account services, FX and Liquidity Solutions. The JPMBL Compliance team is responsible for Legal Entity related matters relating to the products and services offered to clients. The Luxembourg team forms part of the EMEA CIB Compliance Department.
As the regulatory obligations of JPMBL grow with the business so does our need to manage the open and active dialogue with all our local and regional regulators. The role requires the building of relationships with key regulators and interacting with management of businesses.
Job functions/responsibilities :
• Proven knowledge of local and EU bank regulatory requirements (Governance, Outsourcing and Data Privacy) and ability to translate them into operational/process requirements
• Knowledge of the regulatory requirements in relation to a credit institution and TS products preferred
• Ability to consistently deliver high quality results on the local and firm-wide Compliance program
• Ability to work in partnership with the Compliance team, the Authorized Management, Supervisory Board, other senior members of the firm as well as with clients of the bank
• Coordinating presentations / briefings for regulators on major projects, incidents or examinations
• Advise on permissions, passporting and the interaction of Luxembourg and European regulatory regimes
• Ability to prioritize, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills in a senior business management and control functions environment
• University Graduate
• Strong command of English language skills combined with French and/or German language skills preferred
Essential skills :
• Demonstrated experience in the financial services industry
• Relevant experience of Compliance activities [Credit Institution, compliance, risk, audit, TS]
• Strong interpersonal, communication, leadership, presentation and influencing skills
• Analytical mind
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to summarize complex topics concisely and drive practical outcomes
• Proven ability to make sound decisions, including escalation when appropriate, in regard of AML or sanction risk
• Evidence of working on the delivery of projects or implementing process change required
• To work without supervision and act on own initiative to identify tasks to be undertaken
• Ability to build strong working relationships with central and business aligned functions across the region and co-ordinate delivery across functions of compliance
• Strong spoken & written English skills required
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.