Compliance Associate, Mumbai
JPMorgan is a global leader in the financial services industry, providing custody and clearing services to the foreign investors. It is one of the highly respected and sought after custodians in the Indian markets.
In accordance with our strategy to provide comprehensive Compliance coverage, India Compliance is seeking a highly motivated Compliance Officer to join the Securities Compliance team.
This role will focus on providing regulatory and compliance advise to the Direct Custody and Clearing (DCC) business on the applicable regulatory framework, regulatory notifications and developments. It includes evaluating the impact of existing and new regulations and market developments on the product, policies and procedures. The position will include communicating the impact of such changes to the senior management, providing advise on and tracking the implementation of regulatory developments, resolving client specific and transaction related queries from the product, operations and cross functional teams.
This role will require you to assist the business in management of regulatory inspections, internal and external audits and responding to regulatory queries and submissions on an ongoing and adhoc basis.
Your role will also include providing support and coverage under subjects such as (but not limited to) regulatory risk assessments, establishment of policies and procedures, performing compliance training (as needed), providing support to general securities regulatory compliance, administering the Anti-Money Laundering policy and related procedures and controls, data privacy and bank secrecy, monitoring regulatory reporting requirements and responding to queries on the Code of Conduct and the Firm’s policies. These areas may extend across various lines of business under compliance coverage in the location. You will focus on India, but will be required to ensure a consistent approach with elements of our regional and global compliance program.
Your responsibilities will include:
Assist in the development of policies, procedures and systems
Assisting in the review of timely implementation of regulatory changes
Assisting the monitoring of timely implementation of action items emerging from regulatory exams/reviews, internal and external audits
Tracking compliance with other regulatory and policy level requirements
Co-ordination of compliance training for your coverage areas
- Minimum 3-5 years regulatory or risk management experience gained within a financial institution or regulator.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with business partners and other support functions.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Prior knowledge of depository/exchange related activity will be an advantage.
- Good business judgment and strategic thinking.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in English at all levels both orally and in writing
- Ability to deliver high quality results while liaising with the global, regional and location Compliance teams
Master’s degree, Law degree or other closely related professional qualification will be beneficial.
Job Title: Compliance Associate
Position Location: Mumbai
Reporting to: Sangeeta Patnaik
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Job Code: 601/602