About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
CIB – Americas Pricing Direct – Analyst
• The Analyst role in Pricing Direct is a demanding position requiring a knowledgeable professional capable of performing complex financial assignments, including quantitative and information/data analysis.
• Acting as an evaluator, the Analyst will generate prices (evaluations) for credit and interest rate derivatives. In performing the role of a PricingDirect evaluator, the Analyst will be responsible for securing all necessary supporting documentation, and for modeling the instrument, running computer applications and maintaining related data.
• The Analyst will communicate regularly with external clients, and with the J.P. Morgan trading desks and research professionals, regarding market color and the instruments that PricingDirect evaluates.
• As appropriate, the Analyst will independently prepare and/or maintain models for instruments to determine their current pricing level, and in addition will prepare and/or maintain quality control procedures designed to ensure a high level of evaluation accuracy and client service.
• In this position, the Analyst will be required to analyze derivative instruments according to their various characteristics, and to make determinations about them based upon those characteristics, market trading levels, implied vols, forward and interest rate curves and other risk factors
• Theoretical understanding of the principles of finance, business operations, and mathematical and/or statistical modeling.
• Ability to perform analysis on the highly complex financial data necessary to perform the job duties.
• Proficiency in widely used technical tools such as Excel, superior skills as a VBA programmer and/or exposure to databases and/or programming languages such as SAS, R, Python, C, C++, Perl a plus.
• Detail oriented, with a highly disciplined approach to process and quality control.
• Ability to be a creative problem solver, and to perform well under pressure.
• Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and self-manage priorities.
• Good client communications skills.
• Strong team player.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a finance-related field of study such as Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Engineering or Mathematics. Master’s degree in Financial Engineering or Mathematics of Finance a strong plus
• Knowledge of derivatives products and pricing
• Clear, logical thinker with strong quantitative abilities.
• Superior skills and experience as a VBA programmer a strong plus.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Diversity/Veteran
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.