With over 270,000 employees in the firm and assets of $2.4 trillion, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients. JPMC holds leadership positions in Investment Banking, Financial Services for consumers and businesses, Financial Transaction Processing, Asset and Wealth Management, and Private Equity.
JPMC’s Global Reference Data Operations (GRDO) is one of the top priorities across the Chief Administrative Office. The team will help the company evolve to a more integrated data management strategy, which is globally consistent and usable for business, finance, risk and regulatory requirements.
The Asset Pricing & Reference Data (APRD) utility, a major component of GRDO with over 400 staff globally, services all areas of JPMC – Corporate & Investment Bank, Asset Management, Consumer & Community Banking and the Commercial Bank. APRD provides high quality Pricing & Reference Data to its subscribers from major external market data providers under a single operating model. Data is sourced, validated, mastered and distributed via JPMC’s strategic Pricing & Reference Data architecture and is used for trading, risk management, settlement and regulatory reporting.
The EMEA Vendor Management team, within the Asset Pricing & Reference Data unit, services departments and clients across multiple regions including WHEM, EMEA, and APAC. The regionally distributed teams have close working relationships with firm-wide operational users of Market Data from 3rd party vendors. The Vendor team is staffed by a team with deep operations experience, high level of knowledge and experience of Market data practices, leadership to drive strategy around usage, vendor choice, and structure of over 20 Market Data relationships.
• Vendor service management; proactive vendor service model to drive improvements
• Governance and oversight on data usage and costs
• Vendor data service additions/enhancements/rationalization
• Third Party Oversight adherence
• Client lead or core participant for vendor contract negotiations
• Intermediary for Operations across multiple corporate groups – Legal, Sourcing, Third Party Oversight, Market Data Services and Finance
• Various project work for LOB driven initiatives
• Actively contribute to the implementation and integration of the operating unit's strategic objectives
• Liaise with various Product and Operations teams on vendor related projects
• Liaise with Technology and dealing with IT projects and issues impacting operations
• Asset Pricing & Reference Data platform centric on-boarding support
• Vendor subject matter expert to support downstream teams and clients
• Resolve internal and external queries promptly and professionally
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills
• Self motivated and proactive with the proven ability to work accurately and under pressure to meet deadlines
• Proven ability to communicate effectively within a team environment and interact across departments
• Demonstrate experience with and knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills and attention to detail
• Good understanding of other related operations i.e. fund administration, custody, financial reporting, performance measurement, clearance and collateral management, etc..
• Risk based mindset; drive enhancements to increase efficiency and controls
• Capable of building effective relationship across grades and locations
• Confident of taking the lead amongst peers and owning issues/problems until resolved or rightful home identified
• Ability to act independently demonstrating a persistent and tenacious approach to tasks
• Ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision
• Market data knowledge and understanding of various vendors e.g. Bloomberg, Reuters, IDC, Standard & Poor’s, etc
• Experience of working within a pricing/reference data operations role preferable
J.P. Morgan Chase offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.