At JPMorgan Chase, Corporate Responsibility (CR) is about how we conduct our business every day. JPMorgan Chase believes that using our strength and global reach, our expertise and relationships to support our clients and communities, invest in them and help them navigate a complex global economy, is our unique and fundamental corporate responsibility.
The CR department is responsible for the development and implementation of the firm’s CR agenda and initiatives by crafting goals, policies and initiatives that align with and support the firm’s business strategies and operational objectives and support the communities where we do business. The CR department comprises Global Philanthropy, Office of Nonprofit Engagement, Social & Sustainable Finance, Government Relations, and the JPMC Institute. CR is supported by an Operations Team that leads risk and control efforts, regulatory reporting, change management, vendor management, technology development, and transactional operations.
The JPMorgan CR Operations Group is looking for an operations associate to support;
Being the steward for the strategic plan
• Partner with CR business partners to understand the pipeline for technology needs and communicate the impact to our technology colleagues and/or Third-Party Providers
• Lead the change management process with our Third-Party Providers; including, recommending process improvements and implementation of such improvements
• Support the development of a new technology platform, designed to support functions in-house leveraging state of the art technology. The platform will support transactional processing for payments, tracking and reporting and will also serve to replace multiple databases in use in the department today
• Flexibility in approach to analysis based on the complexity and scope of the change requested
• High-level understanding & coordination with our technology teams on common functional areas (e.g., payroll processing, transactional processing, etc.)
• Be able to deliver solutions with an equal focus on the operational/business models as well as the technology solution
• Ensure quality in written documentation for requirements, user stories and technical designs
• Ensure that requirements meet the global nature of the business while always take into account the end-to-end impact of any changes
• Presentation of analysis findings to stakeholders for review and approval
Engagement in the change management process and communication
• Be the subject matter expert of our Third-Party platforms and internal technology platforms
• Manage projects through the full project life cycle from the strategic project planning, execution and on to tactical activities
• Ensure projects are well defined, aligned to business goals, well documented and appropriately reported
• Ensure all risks and issues are understood, raised, prioritized and escalated (if appropriate) with sufficient time to enable resolution &/or independent decisions to be made
• Enforce a strong controls process that is inclusive while justifying change and quantifying impacts
• Meeting management – ensure all project meetings are effective and appropriately documented
• Support the product owner to produce & prioritize the product/project backlog for development and estimation
• Support Third-Party providers and/or developers with inquiries during iterations
• Ensure QAs/Testers have proper understanding of requirements and so test cases can be developed
• Efficient and effective verbal and written communication both within the Technology team and the stakeholders
• Timely and regular communication of progress
• Build and reinforce relationships with stakeholders through the whole value chain, as well as with other Tech groups
• Identification, communication and escalation of risks and issues as needed
Monitoring for quality in our documentation and deliverables
• Specifications are sufficiently detailed and accurate
• Ensure sufficient testing effort is planned for every stage of the development cycle
• Follow pre-determined guidelines ensuring project artifacts are completed and posted in accordance with the prescribed deadlines
• Ensure documentation for each functional area is kept up to date with functionality release after release
• Securing a strong understanding of the processes and responsibilities of all those involved in the business workflow
• Preparing and maintaining the overall project plan
• BA/BS degree required (advanced degrees, other certification a plus)
• Excellent business analysis, test planning, activity planning skills. Ability to tailor communication of the plans (i.e., high level vs detailed level) based on the audience
• Excellent communication skills. Crisp & Clear verbal communication with the ability to be assertive when speaking to a diverse audience.
• Excellent facilitation skills. Ability to command/lead facilitation meetings with clear & specific agenda. Keep the audience attentive and active participants in meetings
• Analytical mind, service-minded approach and keen to resolve problems
• Self-starter, high energy, and motivated to innovate the business
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and manage priorities.
• Excellent time management abilities
• Experience of a project based work environment
• Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
• Ability to implement projects to conclusion on time and within budget.
• Must have strong aptitude to analyze and develop solutions to solve problems.
• Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills
• Team-oriented - demonstrated solid team player with strong ability to work independently.
• Detail-oriented - must be disposed to the relentless pursuit of perfection and precise outcomes.