J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations, states and municipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
The Wholesale On-Boarding team will be at the forefront for JP Morgan in our value for scale efforts. Client On-Boarding (COB) is a global team with locations in major locations such as New York, Delaware, London, Bournemouth, Hong Kong and Singapore. The team functions in close partnership with Sales, Operations, Credit, Legal and Compliance to ensure efficient and timely on boarding to the JP Morgan infrastructure. COB plays a critical role in introducing new clients to our organization as well as ensuring full due diligence is done with respect to new and existing relationships.
The Remediation / Renewal Specialist (RRS) will perform periodic reviews of KYC information for renewals of JP Morgan client information. They will participate in remediation efforts and projects to clean up data and documentation and coordinate with other areas as needed (COB, Compliance, Sales, and Client Service).
The role will consolidate the KYC profile and will ensure that all KYC and AML policies are adhered to and will be responsible for conducting reviews of client’s KYC documentation stored in internal repositories and publicly available information, performing the necessary screening against relevant search engines and sanction lists and communicate any additional deficiencies back to the business.
The RRS have an end to end responsibility to ensure the KYC reviews for the clients are completed on timely basis; they will liaise with relevant stakeholders and own closure of the outstanding issues.
- Work with the country leads to plan KYC reviews for one or more markets in APAC region.
- Participate in the country governance forums; highlight outstanding issues and gaps to relevant stakeholders to ensure these are addressed in a timely manner.
- Kick-off renewals and liaise with client on-boarding / sales for required documents and sign-off
- Timely review of client’s KYC documentation in accordance with the firms AML/KYC policies and procedures
- Validate accuracy of data in KYC platforms and ensure completeness of document package
- Validate all documentation uploaded into the KYC tool
- Complete remediation efforts and projects to clean up data and documentation and coordinate with other areas as needed (COB, Compliance, Sales, Client Service)
- Over 4 years KYC experience, preferably in Corporate Investment Banking
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deal with high pressure, time sensitive tasks
- Strong working knowledge of KYC / CIP / AML rules and regulations
- Experienced in client Due Diligence, risk assessment and vetting of negative news.
- Excellent technical, analytical and research skills.
- Individual must be detail oriented and self-directing.
- Working knowledge of screening and research tools such as World-Check, OFAC, LexisNexis and Factiva.
- Ideal candidate would be a quick learner, highly motivated and have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Adaptable, flexible and willing to work in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable working as a team or individually to deliver results
- Strong working experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint