We are looking for a highly motivated lawyer with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, supporting the Fund Services Business. The role is in the Legal Department and involves working closely with the respective business representatives and with other corporate functions, globally.
An English qualified lawyer with minimum of 5 years experience is needed to provide legal support to J.P. Morgan’s Agency Securities Lending Business.
The lawyer will work closely with the Fund Services Business on product development, development of legal policies and controls, day-to-day business support, and complex new business transactions. The position entails extensive, independent contact with, and support of, senior business personnel within Investor Services and significant opportunity for career development.
This position is located in London.
• Provision of legal guidance and expertise to the Fund Services Business throughout Europe, specifically although not limited to Ireland, Luxembourg and the UK, including general advice and negotiation and drafting of transaction documentation and contracts.
• Providing day-to-day legal advice and guidance in relation to the flow business and generally, ad hoc legal advice, as required.
• Working with the Fund Services Business and the respective industry groups to assess and implement new regulatory requirements.
• Assessing legal risk, advising on such risk and reviewing policies and procedures and processing changes to mitigate risk.
• Attendance at internal and external meetings.
• Instructing and liaising with external counsel, as required.
• Advising the Fund Services Business on key legal/regulatory issues.
• Participation in Projects and the development of operational processes which have a legal impact.
• Assisting the Fund Services Business to implement new initiatives.
• Liaising with Business representatives and legal/compliance colleagues and other control functions (e.g. credit, tax etc) in EMEA and globally (US and Asia).
We are looking for a highly motivated lawyer with the ability to work semi-supervised supporting a fast-paced and dynamic business who will work closely with the Fund Services Business, liaising with other corporate functions within J.P. Morgan as required. The role is based in the Legal Department and involves a proportionate amount of time being spent with the Business on the trading floor.
• Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience with a City law firm or equivalent experience as lawyer obtained in private practice or in-house.
Essential skills :
• Strong background in traditional and alternative funds.
• Ability to understand the business needs and partner with the business to create solutions.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Pragmatic with excellent business sense.
• Strong understanding of the interplay between legal and business risk.
• Ability to interact effectively with clients.
• Strong negotiation and drafting skills.
• Ability to work independently, manage complex projects and multitask successfully in fast-paced and complex business environment; and
• Background in providing legal services to operational intensive businesses is preferred.
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorgan.com.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.