JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Security Technology (GST) within Corporate Technology & Risk provides strategic application development and production support to the firm wide Global Security & Investigations. This organization is responsible for all aspects of security including physical access, fraud, pre-employment processing, aviation, resilience, crisis management and other related areas. The team will develop technology solution to maintain firm’s resiliency data, manage recovery strategy for business & technology processes, crisis management, real-time reporting and monitor metrics.
As an Oracle PL/SQL Developer Lead you will be responsible for:
* Participating in data modeling, RDBMS and schema design from concept - implementation
* Developing Oracle stored procedures, tables and views, optimized for data retrieval, persistence, low-latency and optimal query structure
* Working with team members across onshore, offshore and mentor junior developers
* Producing realistic estimates, working with the Business Analysts, Development Manager and Project Manager to ensure that tasks are completed within estimates and variances identified early
* Developing and leading various database instances and implementations, within various environments
* Securing database access via authentication and authorization schemes. Implementing and validating RDBMS enterprise best-in-class security practices
* Actively driving database schema reviews, stored procedure reviews and walkthroughs to ensure that solutions meet the needs of the business and the system
* Coordinating ETL and data migrations to move data through environments (Development, Test and Production), synchronize data as necessary, and protect production data by seeding non-prod databases with accurate test data
* L3 Production support - Lead Issue resolution for production systems
* 9+ years of extensive hands-on Oracle PL/SQL data modeling, schema creation and stored procedure experience. Minimum of 5+ years production database experience
* Strong RDBMS and data architecture, analysis, design, procedure authoring and schema review skills
* Strong focus on time and resource-management, decision-making and parallel project deliveries
* MUST HAVE: Knowledge of NoSql data modeling, schemas, implementation and support (Cassandra, CouchDb, MongoDb)
* Knowledge of and experience in the implementation of database best practices
* Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with business analysts, solution architects, project managers and development teams
* Must have strong indexing and performance optimizations experience
* Must be familiar with database clustering and RDBMS setup within a production environment
* SVN or GIT Code Repository experience
* Operating Systems experience on Windows and Linux, prefer Unix too
* Oracle 11g experience
* IDEs: Toad, Oracle Sql Developer
* Financial services experience
* Cognos reporting experience
* NoSQL Experience (CouchDB, MongoDB, Cassandra)
* BI Tools
* ETL tools (Informatica, DataStage)
* Apache Geode experience
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.