The Corporate Technology and Risk Testing Release Service QA Team evaluates and tests new or modified software applications and software development procedures used to verify that applications function according to technical and functional requirements. We operate as business partners, solving problems together with technology and business teams driving better cost to service by performing all testing related activities for Investment, Regulatory, and BAU initiatives. Our Quality Assurance (QA) team has an opening for an Analyst.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst you will be responsible for the following:
- Performing all testing activities across one or more assigned projects, utilizing processes, methods, metrics and software that ensure quality, reliability, system safety and security for the applications tested.
- Developing test documentation to include: test requirements, test project plans, test schedules, test plans, detailed test cases, and metric reporting, as defined by the Project Life Cycle (Agile or Waterfall).
- Understanding the interfacing applications, test environments, tools, and methodologies
- Working with a global team, and responsible for directing/reviewing the test planning and execution work efforts of global team.
- Communicating effectively with IT Development, Project Management, Business Units, and other support staff on testing timelines, deliverables, status and other information.
- Participating in review sessions of business requirements, technical requirements, and design documents to ensure software changes are understood to facilitate testing planning and execution activities.
- Executing test cases and evaluating actual vs. expected results
- Communicating frequently with IT Development to identify and track defects and defect fixes
- Assisting in the project quality reviews for your assigned applications
- Assessing risk to project based on test execution results and validation, and making appropriate recommendations.
- Ability to interpret quality audits, drive improvements and change, and facilitate test methodology discussions
- Additional areas of responsibilities includes:
- Participating in Go/No Go project decisions
- Providing project implementation support on an as needed basis
- Contributing to and monitoring execution of testing better practices and continual QA process improvements.
Investigating, monitoring, reporting and driving solutions to issues
Acting as a liaison between the Line of Business testing resources and the development team
Assisting with application training of new resources
A college degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four plus years of experience with the following:
- System software testing
- Planning and coordinating test activities
- Overseeing test case development and defect resolution
- HP's Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Proven experience in all aspects of integration, functional, and regression testing
- Development or test automation tools/frameworks ( Unified Functional Testing Tool (UFT), Business Process Tool (BPT), SOAP –UI, or equivalent testing software )
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills and excellent analytical skills
- Independent decision-making and good judgment
- Strong time management, interpersonal and people skills
- Ability to operate comfortably in a multi-task/multi priority environment
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
Working knowledge of the following technical specific skills:
- Database Systems - Oracle, DB2, SQL
- Understanding of Application Development lifecycle and concepts
- Can create and execute complex SQL commands, using TOAD for Oracle and SQL script
- Batch processing
- Basic infrastructure and architecture methodologies
- Complex Business Rules engine
- ETL experience
- Web technologies - (e.g. HTTP, XML, HTML, etc.)
- Platforms/OS/Servers (e.g. Windows Server, Linux/Unix, Apache, Tomcat, etc.)