The Global Wealth Management (GWM) division of JPMorgan Chase & Co. is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. For over 160 years it has offered customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of more than $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
· Responsible for providing legal advice on daily operations of the various products for the Private Bank onshore platform of JP Morgan Mexico, including structured products, mutual funds, derivatives, trusts, debt and equity capital markets, lending.
· Responsible for providing legal advice for daily operations of the various products for the Private Bank offshore platform of JP Morgan Mexico.
· Responsible for the review and/or preparation of all types of contracts with customers and suppliers, services that affect the Private Bank.
· Coordination of POAs for the Mexico legal entities
· Legal advice to support areas of JP Morgan Mexico, including Operations, Finance, Technology, and General Services related to Private Bank matters.
· Active participation in Privacy issues related to applicable Privacy laws.
· Active participation in the review of legal issues that are related to the implementation of new lines of business or products.
· Collaborate and advise on the structure and negotiation of international operations with Mexican clients.
· Advise JP Morgan’s foreign affiliates in matters of Mexican law.
· Analysis of applicable regulations and review of legal aspects that are related to the implementation of new regulations affecting JP Morgan Mexico, its product, or other JP Morgan entities doing business in Mexico.
· Relationship with authorities and other self-regulatory organizations (Comision Nacional Bancaria y de Valores, SHCP, BMV, Banco de Mexico, Mexder, Asigna).
· Active participation in legal committees and various subcommittees of the Asociacion de Bancos de Mexico (ABM), and the Asociacion Mexicana de Intermediarios Bursatiles (AMIB).
· Participate in several corporate committees.Work with Compliance with regard to the different lines of business of JP Morgan Mexico.
o Minimum of 8- 10 years relevant experience in legal practice focused in the financial services industry (law firm or in-house).
o Licensed to practice law in Mexico, LLM in a foreign country (preferably U.S./Latin America).
o Fluency oral and written in Spanish/English, Portuguese a plus.
o Must have detailed analytical background with strong product knowledge.
o Interpersonal skills to interact and engage with senior management on difficult management decisions and key objectives.
o Must have deep management and organizational skills; strong proactive engagement and strong negotiation skills.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.