This job description outlines the key goals of this role. In an ever-changing commercial environment, this role and its responsibilities will evolve in line with the needs and demands of the business.
The Junior Researcher (Jr. Researcher) is fully dedicated to research. Is certificated to handle basic research and is well trained to manage the use of databases and sources required for these modules across all 3 regions. He/she is able to complete “General Market Research” overviews and some basic company level quant data.
Roles & responsibilities
- Ability to manage research requests from bankers in a prompt, professional manner
- Thoroughly and efficiently gather banker information, access and fulfill banker needs, educate the banker where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts
- Continuously evaluate and identify opportunities to drive process improvements that positively impact the banker’s experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to balance and prioritize work efforts, multi-task and prioritize simultaneously
- Effectively address, communicate and, as appropriate, escalate client relation issues -– both actual and potential to Team Leader/Operations Manager
Knowledge & skills set
- Basic understanding of Investment Banking industry, familiarity with investment banking terminology, trends and frequently requested information.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Solution oriented
- Proper usage of the time and available resources
- Team player mentality
- Knows and understand the standard ethics and compliance principles of JPM
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft applications used in the business
- Graduate in any discipline
- Be flexible in working hours/shifts in order to meet the changing demands and requirements of the business.
- Team Leader or Operations Manager
JPMC Job category/grade level
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.