Compliance Project Manager – AVP or VP
Interact Globally (primarily US)
Global Compliance plays a critical role in the successful execution of the firm’s compliance mission. The Compliance function ensures the development and maintenance of a strong compliance culture by developing and maintaining program infrastructure that identifies measures and monitors adherence with applicable laws, regulations and rules that govern our business globally. Compliance teams work closely with business, legal, risk, and audit functions to provide expertise on regulatory compliance matters, assess and measure compliance and related risk and, monitor and test the adequacy of the firm’s compliance control environment.
Global Employee Compliance Programs is a team of experienced program and project management professionals dedicated to planning, executing and delivering strategic process improvement and technology initiatives on behalf of Global Employee Compliance roadmap. Project managers and business analysts partner with Compliance senior management to analyze and assess current state compliance operations, identify and prioritize improvement opportunities (technical and operational) and manage the end-to-end implementation of the target state vision. This team works closely with Compliance, Compliance Operations, Business and Technology leaders across all lines of business, including Corporate & Investment Banking, Asset Management, Commercial Banking and Consumer & Community Banking, to drive strategic change across the organization.
Global Employee Compliance Programs is seeking a highly qualified Project Manager to drive execution of strategic projects designed to strengthen the Compliance organization.
The candidate will be responsible for project management within the Licensing and Registration Program and will be focused on the APAC functionality that is incorporated within the global initiative. The project involves participation from and has an impact on multiple functions and lines of business and will support both tactical and strategic initiatives.
This candidate will work closely across a variety of internal groups including Compliance, Technology, and Operations. The candidate will have responsibility for coordinating project governance, gathering and documenting business requirements, prioritization, overseeing UAT and Go-Live implementations, ensure that the APAC requirements are aligned with the global requirements, and manage all approvals to ensure that the expectations of the business are fully met.
- The candidate should demonstrate ability to develop strong and influential relationships across all levels of an organization and contribute to project teams and multiple work streams, within a larger portfolio of programs, in a changing environment.
- Conduct thorough requirement capture sessions, document clearly, and drive review/approval on agreed upon requirements
- Ensure project initiatives meet desired business results
- Have a strong understanding of the Licensing and Registration space
- Conduct research to determine if solutions to business needs currently exist within or outside of Compliance, firm, and/or within the market
- Contribute expertise to designing processes and implementing innovative business solutions
- Responsible for driving business and corporate initiatives from concept to delivery, ensuring execution of business requirements, training, procedures, workflow redesigns and implementation schedules
- Develop, review, and execute test plans and scripts
- Relationship building / management throughout the project life cycle with Compliance partners and any involved LOBs.
- 10+ years Financial Services experience (Some should be in Compliance)
- 5+ years Project Management/Business Analysis experience
- Bachelor degree required. Advanced degree desired
- Experience with successfully leading project and/or business/data analysis teams
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies and tools
- Independent and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and leadership skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to work independently, applying sound business judgment to escalate/help resolve issues as needed; agility in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated skill at prioritizing multiple tasks and working to stated timeframes
- Keen attention to detail, ability to complete work at extremely high level of accuracy
- Solid analytical skills and writing skills, to include experience in writing specifications
- Experience using Microsoft platforms
- Experience working with/in Compliance, Operations, Legal, Finance, Risk, or Control functions also a plus
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong global partnerships with senior management across business, technology and operations as well as across regions and lines of business
- Proven results and experience with achieving goals, developing and implementing new strategies
Primary Location: IN-Bangalore