An exceptional lawyer in the exotics legal team providing support to a structured derivatives business within a leading US investment bank. The role focuses on structured OTC derivatives and securitised products, predominantly referencing equities, but also referencing funds, commodities, credit, rates and hybrid combinations of these asset classes. The successful candidate will report to the head of the exotics legal team. The exotics legal team provides coverage for the structured derivatives business across Europe, the Middle East and Africa and forms part of the larger investment bank legal team supporting the equities business. This is a high profile and technically challenging role requiring strong drafting skills and a strong understanding of the legal and commercial aspects of equity and other derivative transactions.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
· Working closely with the business from inception to close of transactions.
· Liaising with other internal departments (e.g. compliance, credit, tax, middle office and risk).
· Providing assistance to the business in structuring complex deals.
· Drafting and negotiating structured OTC derivative confirmations in relation to stand-alone and securitised or fund wrapped deals and working on structured securitised products for institutional and retail clients.
· Working with the business to draft proprietary index rules and resolve legal issues surrounding the establishment of the indices.Identifying and resolving legal and regulatory issues affecting the Equity Derivatives business
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.