J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. We serve four distinct client groups through three businesses: institutions and retail clients through J.P. Morgan Asset Management; ultra high net worth clients within Private Banking. With assets under supervision of $1.5 trillion and assets under management of $1.1 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
The incumbent will be required to manage teams handling the following responsibilities:
Team members working closely with the Mortgage Center teams to provide an exceptional mortgage experience to their high net worth clients. The Quality Review Specialist team is required to complete tasks assigned in an accurate and timely manner. These tasks include but are not limited to ensuring mortgage loans are prepared properly for closing with the client. The positions entails utilizing a checklist and/or perform a review utilizing various systems to ensure Regulatory Adherence as well as ensuring information is accurately reflected on the system to ensure the loan closing documents and paperwork as per procedural guidelines. Overtime may be required for this position.
Essential Skills & Experience -- include specifics regarding academic/ professional qualifications (e.g. degree, university, results), # yrs total and # yrs relevant work experience, relevant employers, relevant experience (nature of work/ job functions)
- 3-5 years mortgage processing, underwriting and/or audit/quality control experience
- Ability to demonstrate Intermediate proficiency of Federal and State regulatory requirements
- Detail oriented with ability to set goals, meet objectives, take initiative and complete tasks within deadlines.
- Must have organizational, planning and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Flexible / Adaptable
- Analytical / Critical thinking - be able to anticipate problems and resolve early
- Operational Risk knowledge preferred
- MS Access / Excel / Word intermediate level
- Bachelors Degree is a must
Preferred Skills & Experience - include specifics, as above
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks through effective prioritization
- Ability to understand and articulate business goals
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Process/Ops Management Skills and experience
- PC Skills required: MS Word, MS Excel, Lotus Notes, MS Power Point,
- Leadership - Leads by example and is an effective role model (e.g. takes the lead and actions reflect an appropriate level of independence; demonstrates the ability to initiate and effect change and continuous improvement, contributes significantly to the on-going development of people.
- Thinking Strategically - Be able to drive positive changes, promote ownership and demonstrate "My business Mentality".
- Manages Relationships through inclusively and is able to actively manage stake holders and demonstrate collaborative team work.
- Communication - Is organized, clear and confident in written and oral communications. Actively engages in discussions offering expertise, opinions, advice and is able to communicate incisively at all levels.
- People management: Manages his teams through active engagement and develops key talent. Must be able to flex his/ her style to get the best out of the people
- Teamwork - Creates and/or contributes to an environment of collaboration and mutual responsibility (e.g. effectively influences others to gain cooperation and address issues; initiates and is responsive to requests from other products, regions, etc.)
- Should be creative and innovative; challenges status quo; generates strategic advice/product/client solutions
- Have a track record of formulating innovative ideas and gaining buy-in from senior management in addition to a track record of execution/delivery/process improvement/leadership in a challenging environment