JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity.
Global Security Technology (GST) within Corporate Technology & Risk provides strategic application development and production support to the firm wide Global Security & Investigations. This organization is responsible for all aspects of security including physical access, fraud, pre-employment processing, aviation, resilience, crisis management and other related areas. The team will develop technology solution to maintain firm’s resiliency data, manage recovery strategy for business & technology processes, crisis management, real-time reporting and monitor metrics.
As a Cognos Technical Lead (Reporting) you will be responsible for:
* Participating in application architecture, infrastructure and design
* Working with team members across onshore, offshore and mentor junior developers
* Producing realistic estimates, working with the Business Analysts, Development Manager and Project Manager to ensure that tasks are completed within estimates and variances identified early
* Developing application modules and reports
* Actively drive design reviews, code reviews and code walkthroughs to ensure that solutions meet the needs of the business and the system
* Coordinate code migrations to move code through each environment (Development, Test and Production) with the code deployment teams
* L3 Production support - Lead Issue resolution for production systems
* 4+ years of extensive hands on Application Development work experience throughout the entire project lifecycle
* Architecture, analysis, design, coding, and code review skills with Internet applications
* Strong focus on time and resource-management, decision-making and parallel project deliveries.
* Knowledge of and experience in the implementation of reporting best practices
* Oracle PL/SQL experience required
* ETL tools knowledge required (DataStage, Informatica)
* Knowledge of version and revision control practices and procedures
* Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with business analysts, solution architects, project managers and development teams.
* Financial services experience
* Technologies: Cognos 10.1, Cognos Framework manager, Report Studio
* Database: Oracle PL/SQL
* Operating Systems: Linux, Windows Server
* Code Repositories: SVN
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.