Human Resources Technology (HRT)
Human Resources Technology (HRT) is the central steward for the design, build, and asset management of the firm's Human Capital technology across all lines of business and global regions. JP Morgan is competitive across the financial services industry in our workforce strategy capabilities. In partnership with our HR business partners and service provider we deliver solutions that meet the requirements of our key clients - JP Morgan employees. HRT provides technology support for staffing and on-boarding, employee records, payroll, talent management, compensation, benefits, learning, employee and manager service, workforce planning and analytics, and back office and call center operations.
As a Business Analyst, you will work with the HR stakeholders in the regions to analyze business requirements, produce & review Functional Specifications and related artifacts for any new builds or enhancements to supported technology applications. You will work with the Business Process Owners, Project Managers, Quality Control (QC) Analysts, UX Analysts, and Development teams to ensure that they understand and approve the Requirements and Functional Specifications. Working with the application developers to be responsible and accountable for the timeliness, accuracy and quality of the solution built. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Strong elicitation skills; Identifies, assesses, and records business needs, recommending business priorities and advising clients on options, risks, and costs versus benefits. Ensure that a stakeholder’s actual underlying needs are understood, rather than their stated or superficial desires.
• Communicates business priorities to the development team in order to drive effective business solutions.
• Researches to determine if solutions to business needs currently exist within or outside the firm and makes recommendations on buy versus build decisions.
• Documents business requirements, functional specifications, and other related requirements artifacts and communicates these to the development, Quality Control, Project Management teams.
• Understands how and when to use SDLC processes in-line with the firm-wide standard PLC.
• Assists with the development of formal business cases when enterprise-wide business solutions are proposed.
• Provides the business or process perspective during design reviews.
• Works with Quality/Testing team to ensure that requirements documentation can be easily translated into test plans, and that testing plans have been completed.
• Validates test plans/scripts and design responses are aligned with approved requirements.
• Measures and monitors the effectiveness of Business Analysis performance using targeted metrics to identify and prioritize improvements.
• Promotes successful techniques, processes and tools that could be leveraged across ISS.
• Facilitates idea generation and drives changes for processes and tools that cross technology groups.
• Proactively supports knowledge sharing within the team and across ISS.
• Connects with other Business Analysis groups within the firm to leverage and share best practices.
• Keeps up to date on industry and technology trends on business analysis, data management and how to drive continuous improvement.
• Leads and influences the development of standards and decisions; provides technical and business leadership and vision.
• Develops and takes a proactive lead on Business Analysis standards, guidelines, policies and procedures.
• Builds and maintains high profile as a technology leader both inside and outside of the firm.
• Creates strong alliances and focuses on leveraging knowledge capital.
• Coach team members and promotes partnership between business and technology, teamwork and continuous improvement outlook.
• Manages through an influence model to achieve goals.
• 5+ years of experience working on enterprise scale application and infrastructure projects.
• 3-8 years experience working as a Business Analyst. Additional experience working in Application Development or Project Management experience is preferred.
• Requires leadership experience in managing large cross-functional teams and the flexibility to influence people at a variety of levels internally and externally.
• A collaborative style and ability to build the appropriate relationships and partnerships across the firm.
• Ability to extract key business requirements along with strong negotiation and influencing skills.
• Ability to exercise initiative, problem identification, problem solving and independent decision making.
• Proven critical thinking ability; can understand all the available information, tie it all together, and speak to it clearly and concisely.
• QC/Test process knowledge.
• Business Process Improvement mindset with a drive for automation.
• Energetic leader who inspires others to the mission and cultivates partnerships.
• Experience managing global teams.
• Anticipates trends and developments in client situation which could represent strategic opportunities or threats.
• Executive presence - ability to have voice heard.
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.