JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in Investment & Corporate Banking; Financial Services for consumers, small business and commercial banking; financial transaction processing; asset management and private equity.
The Global Compliance Operations (GCO) organization provides operational support to Global Compliance (AML and non-AML) and the development of operational centres of excellence for compliance functions which are operational in nature.
The GCO group is managed centrally and provides operational support through regional hubs for;
• Account Activity Reviews
• AML Alert Level-1 Dispositions
• Client List Screening (Sanctions)
• Due Diligence
• Employee Compliance and Regulatory Reporting
o License & Registration, Disclosure of Interest, Personal Account Dealing
The Quality Testing (“QT”) Team is an integral part of the controls environment within Global Compliance Operations (“GCO”) and is responsible for conducting a continuous testing program against internal procedures and regulatory requirements to ensure quality, completeness, and accuracy. This QT team conducts the testing of activities performed across GCO as well as GFCC for AML Escalations and Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs).
The Quality Tester will perform targeted reviews on a pre-defined weekly cycle time-frame and across different functions as part of the team’s business continuity plan.
The Quality Tester will document all test results and findings and be expected to identify incorrect decision making, determine gaps in process and procedure; question integrity of data and adherence to processing and servicing standards, policies and procedures. The Quality Tester will be accountable for analysing issues and paving the way for continuous improvement by identifying alternatives that are effective, practical and
• Perform ongoing formal testing of completed work cases to ensure controls / standards are met (weekly cycle).
• Review the quality of completed work cases to pre-defined test scripts which are based on quality testing standards.
• Question and investigate the reliability and integrity of data, the validity of conclusions and the appropriateness of assumptions made (where appropriate).
• Identify key issues, risks, trends, observations and provide reporting of results to key stakeholders
• Perform root cause analysis and make recommendations for addressing identified deficiencies or improvements to business processes
• Present findings via formalised feedback loop process and track and monitor corrections to identified critical defects (GCO or GFCC)
• Present complex and sensitive issues to senior management in a persuasive manner.
• Work with Global Partners to ensure consistency with the Global QT framework and governance approach
• Consider regulatory requirements and best practice to implement changes to process
• Escalate control issues to GCO or GFCC Core Control Management
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Experience with Financial Services industry, AML/BSA, KYC, Sanctions, Compliance, Investigative or Quality Testing background preferred
• Language skills are desirable but not essential
• Ability to translate technical data and information into business reports and presentations
• Exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and disposition appropriately
• Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
• Strong documentation skills to clearly articulate results of testing
• Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
• Proficiency in MS Office, documentation and metrics
• ACAMS certification is advantageous but not essential
Please note that J.P. Morgan will not accept unsolicited approaches or speculative CVs, nor will J.P. Morgan be responsible for any related fees, from Third Party Firms who are not preferred suppliers.
The firm invites all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities.
If you are a US or Canadian applicant with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, please contact us by calling (US and Canada Only) 1-866-777-4690. Please indicate the specifics of the assistance needed.